Chapter 1

"People in our world were able to “see” the events of the other worlds through a third eye - their imagination - some chronicled what happened - they were authors." - Anonymous

くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡くコ:彡

Due to the loss of Jiwon Park's memory, she also lost interest in reading Webtoon. Even her craze over with her favorite webtoon series Lookism has been forgotten.

A few years have passed but the memories are still not clear to Jiwon, she has some memories because of the help of her parents but those memories are just about her life.

"This is a very good story." Somi said while showing Jiwon a manhwa. Jiwon is with Somi at a mall. Somi is her former high school classmate who is annoyed with her obsession with fictional characters but now she likes them too. While Jiwon lost interest in reading such.

"Hey! Take a look at this book!" Somi touched Jiwon who was deep in thought. Jiwon turned to her and looked at the book she was holding.

"Do you want me buy you too?" Somi asked. She showed Jiwon a big smile while Jiwon was just looking at her seriously.

"Hurry up and buy what you want, I will review for the finals." Jiwon replied, looking at the book shelves where various comic books are placed.

They are now in college, they met again because they only live in the same apartment building. Somi is happy because she met Jiwon again, because Somi's last saw Jiwon was that she was in the hospital. Because of Jiwon's hospitalization, Somi was curious about why is Jiwon was enjoying reading so now she is crazy about it too.

"You know, you used to argue with me about fictional thingy. Now you lose the urge to read?" Somi asked as she picked up the books she was going to buy.

Jiwon took a deep breath and looked at her, "What do I know? I don't remember anything." There is no appetite for its answer.

"Aish. How many times have I told you?" Somi walked over to the counter and put down the books she had bought, Jiwon followed her.

Somi leaned on the counter and faced Jiwon while waiting for her purchased to be wrapped.

"You used to want to read, I was really annoyed because you are weird but now I understand why you like that thing. I used to fight with weirdos who read books, now I defend them because I am now also a weirdo." Somi said while laughing.

She took out some money to pay the cashier. She reached for the paper bag containing the books she had bought.

Jiwon followed her out of the store, "If I were you, I would buy those important things, the ones you can use for school or at home." Jiwon said to her as they walked out of the mall.

"But I'm not you. Jiwon, when you remember you will understand me again. You are the reason why I am now obsessed with books. I thank you for that." Somi answered.

Jiwon didn't reply, they got in her car and went home to the apartment. When they got home, Jiwon immediately went to the front of her laptop.

-

Jiwon was sweating profusely when she woke up in the morning, she was also catching her breath and her chest was tight. She immediately got out of bed and went to the kitchen to drink some water.

"Are you dream about that again?" Somi asked her while they were at university. Jiwon just stared out the window as she remembered the dream she had last night.

"Is this about the man with the blurred face again?" Taehyun asked, their male friend.

"Tell us, is there anything new in your dream?" Somi asked. Jiwon turned to them.

"Nothing new, I'm still running then I will eventually go to that man." Jiwon replied.

"What is our meeting here?" Byeon asked as soon as he arrived, he was also their friend.

"Where did you go? Did you bully again? You really feel like you are a member of F4 huh?" Somi replied annoyed to him.

"Is this about the man in your dream? Did something strange happen?" Byeon asked. He smirk like he was thinking of something else.

"Shut up." Somi rolled her eyes to Byeon and looked at Jiwon again, "Your dream is strange because it just happens over and over, you are running and at the end there is a man you can't see the face because it is blurry."

Jiwon nodded at what Somi said.

"What happens in your dream is weirder than mine, all dreams are weird because the story and the place change but yours? Just one incident." Taehyun said.

"Doesn't that make sense?" Somi asked them, "You are running towards a man because maybe you have an event you want to go back to?"

"She want to come back?" Byeon asked Somi, he looked at Jiwon because he didn't get an answer from Somi.

"Have you ever had an ex-boyfriend?" Byeon asked Jiwon.

"Byeon that's not what I am referring to. Maybe she is running in a dream because she wants to go back to what happened in her life and the man with the blurred face is part of that event." Said Somi.

"But what was that incident?" Taehyun asked.

"She can't answer that because she doesn't remember anything." Byeon replied.

"Couldn't this be just a product of your imagination, Jiwon? I already told you, you really love to read. Your dream may have meaning but it can also be just a way for you to remember your liking for those books." Somi explained.

"Maybe it's just a character in the comic I read before." Jiwon agreed.

Her friends talked about another topic but she didn't participate anymore, she just looked out the window again while thinking of the man she always dreamed of.

Maybe it was just a way for me to remember my obsession with reading and that guy was one of the characters I liked back then.

But why my chest feel heavy?