26. Sore Loser

Chapter Twenty-Six

  "Just pitiful," a voice exclaimed loudly in the doorway of the bathroom.

  I hadn't heard anyone enter my apartment, and I could have sworn I locked my door. And yet, Uriah was standing in the door frame, frowning at my music and bubble bath.

  He flicked on the lights and I was grateful my eyes had been shut. It was still bright enough that shade fell over my eyes when he stepped closer. I heard my phone being slid across the bathroom counter and my music was shut off right in the middle of a good song.

  "What the heck is wrong with you? I felt the sad vibes all the way from the parking lot. Just looking at you makes me feel like I need a cigarette!"

  I flicked water at him with my eyes still closed. Who knows if I hit him?

  "Don't flick your nasty, sparkly water at me. Get out of the tub, Marco."

  I sank further in, shaking my head. The water smelled amazing and it was still warm. There was no way I was going to leave it. He couldn't make me.

  "I guess if you don't want to leave, then you won't mind me joining you? What else is your guest supposed to do?"

  Literally anything else? Lifting my mouth out of the water, I spit soapy water at him. I opened my eyes to narrowed slits. "Don't you dare."

  He raised an eyebrow. "You wanna test me?"

  "You wanna die?" I countered.

  He grabbed the hem of his shirt. "Are you really not gonna get out?"

  "Your drowning won't be my fault."

  Raising his arms, he pulled off his shirt. I didn't believe he would do it. Pull me out of the tub, yes. Jump in the good smelling water, no. "Just get out already," he said, a small whine entering his tone.

  I tilted my head. "No."

  He pouted. "What if I tell your sister how much of a baby you're being?"

  I shrugged. "She's dealt with me like this once before. Granted, she never walked into the bathroom and certainly never tried to jump in with me. This is a small tub I hope you know."

  He started to unzip his shorts. "That would be terrible. She's your sister."

  "And it isn't terrible now?" I shouted.

  Uriah laughed. "You don't like my washboard abs?"

  "Stop stripping, this isn't a club. And what abs? All I see is an average belly."

  An overly exaggerated gasp and covering of the bare belly later, Uriah grabbed my arms and pulled me into a sitting position. The sparkly bathwater sloshed over the edges and splashed all over Uriah's cargo shorts and feet. Once I was sitting, he crawled in on the other side.

  Sliding my legs closer to me, I showed him my disgusted face. "What are we? Girls? Get out of my bath."

  "You try to wound me, but I couldn't care less if you feel uncomfortable by my presence. If you disliked it so much you should have gotten out before I got in."