Thirty-Nine

—Tuesday / 12:00 pm

"Bill?" "Hmm?" "You were starring again." He giggles gently. "S-Sorry...but I c-can't keep dreaming o-of you. You know that r-right?" He nods.

"It is slightly weird also." He giggles which makes my heart flutter. "I'll s-see you later." He smiles before walking away.

I wake up.

"Well, that doesn't make any sense." Will giggles. "Morning Bill." He smiles.

"Who's h-here?" I groan sitting up. "Hey." Stanley smiles gently.

"Oh...h-hey." I pull the blanket up, snuggling back onto the couch. "You can't sleep forever." Stanley chuckles.

"W-Watch me." I pull the blanket over my head. "Bye Bill." "B-Babe? Where are you g-going?"

"Stan and I are gonna hang out. Invite Richie or something." He kisses me gently. The taste of his chapstick making me smile. "What are you smiling for?" "Y-Your chapstick." I chuckle.

"Well, I'll make sure to get some more of that then." He giggles as the two leave the room. "Bye Bill." "Bye s-stan."

The door clicks shut.

I lay in the silence. Besides fans outside yelling Stanley and my name.

"Morning sleepy head." Richie startles me. "How long have you been here?" "Just got here. I had the sneak in." He chuckles. "Fucking hell man." I groan laying back down.

After a couple of video games, Richie speaks up. "You seem happier dating Will." "Y-Yeah. He's great." I smile pressing the buttons.

"Stanley seems fine." "Why b-bring him up?" "I don't know. He just became quieter and has hung out with us less since you got with Will." Richie shrugs.

"That doesn't m-mean anything." "He could tell you had a thing for him. Even Will told me." "What did h-he day?" I furrow my brows.

"Just that you came to his house saying that someone you liked was being an ass and you asked him out." "Oh...yeah. He knows it w-was Stan?" "Mmhmm." Richie throws his arms up as he wins the game.

"Haha, loser." He chuckles as I slap the back of his head.

"Rem-match. Bitch."

A couple of games later the others come into the house. "Beverly w-what are you doing here?" "Wanted to hang out." He smiles as the rest of them walk in behind her.

"Eds? What's wrong?" He drops the controller leading him to lose. His hand rests on Eddie's tear-soaked cheek.

"He uh...he broke up with me." He sniffles as he begins to sob. Richie wraps his arms around the boy. His mouth wide open.

"I didn't know he had a boyfriend." Goes through all of our minds.

"Don't cry...it's okay." The two sway in place as he kisses the boy's head gently.

"Come on..." He leads him through the hallway.

—Richie's POV

"He uh...he broke up with me." He begins to sob as I wrap my arms around him. My mouth hangs open as I hug him.

Something in my heart begins to throb, it begins to hurt. It brings me pain.

"Don't cry...it's okay," I whisper kissing his head gently. "Come on..." I lead him down the hallway.

"Come on...it's okay. Breathe for me okay?" He chokes up as his cheeks become irritated from the tears.