Forty-Nine

*semi-short chapter*

—five minutes later

We sit in silence as he giggles every once in a while to something on his phone. His giggles weak.

After a minute or two, his giggles stop. "Stan?" I whisper. His face peaceful as falls asleep. "Oh..."

Finding the light switches I turn the over the head lights off, grabbing his phone and turning it off. Putting it on the bedside table.

I lean his bed back where he's comfortable. "N-Night," I whisper. The thumb goes over his soft cheek.

My focus stays on his breathing as we sit in silence.

I had woken up slightly earlier when he was telling Richie his nightmare. He had kissed my collarbones. His laugh loud and sweet waking me up slowly.

—Earlier

"I uh...I was kissing." He begins to giggle loudly, Richie smiles and laughs along.

"Shit." He chuckles before calming down. "Don't say anything...I was kissing his collarbones." He looks away. "That shit is cute as fuck." Richie chuckles.

—Back to real-time

His giggle runs through my mind until I fall asleep. Smiling.

—Thursday 3:02 am

Whimpers wake me up slowly. "S-Stan?" I whisper as he tosses and turns in his bed. His whimpers become louder, they turn into more of a cry.

"Hey hey h-hey. It's okay."I cup his face gently, wipe the tears away. "Bill? Oh my god." He pulls me close like he had forgotten I was here.

"Fuck." He whispers as his one free arm hugs me tightly. "Hey, i-it's okay," I whisper sitting beside him.

"Are y-you okay?" I whisper waiting for an answer. Instead, I get a small snore. "Oh?" I lay him back down.

"Should I lay beside him?" I mumble to myself. I find myself curled up behind him. My arms wrapped around his torso.