Forty-Four

— Wednesday 8:10 pm

"Stan? You've been in there for a while. Are you okay?" The bubbles in the bath had disappeared a while ago. Turning on the shower I sit on the ground, my knees up to my chest as I hum a song.

"Stan?" Eddie opens the door, not caring that I'm nude.

"What's wrong? For real." He looks through the foggy glass door.

"You know you can talk to me right?" "Yeah...I know." I mumble looking away. "Then why don't you?" He turns the water off, handing me a towel.

"Eddie," I whine grabbing the towel from him. "Talk to me, Stan. I know you're not happy." I furrow my brows, running a hairbrush through my hair.

"I like someone. They don't like me back. That's all." I shrug grabbing clothes from my drawer.

"And why don't they like you back?" "Because. They don't." "Stan...don't lie." He tilts his head. It's like that look you get from your parents when you lie. It sends a shiver down your spine.

"They're uh...dating someone." I pull the t-shirt over my head. "Who? I can keep a secret." "I would rather not tell." I shrug grabbing some take out from the delivery guy.

"Thanks." Eddie smiles. "Do I know them?" I shrug. It's a yes or no question but he probably knows it's a yes.

"Is it Bill?" "Oh god no. No offense to him but no." He shakes his head at me. "It's Bill. I know. You're a very bad liar to be an actor."

I push his shoulder gently. "It's the truth." He giggles as the front door open quickly.

"Guys...I'm gonna be a dad." He says drunkenly. "Jeez, Richie." Jane chuckles. "For real?" I jump up hugging her gently. Almost tackling Richie.

"Congrats," Eddie whispers as he continues to eat his food. "He's drunk. Started drinking after figuring out." She giggles sitting next to me.

Richie stays quiet. The only thing he does is smile, mumbling to himself quietly.

—9:00 pm

"I gotta her home, Rich. Love you." She smiles kissing him gently. "You too." He smiles gently.

"I'm hungry." "There's sober Richie." I chuckle handing him the rest of my food.

"Guys I don't think I can do it." He begins to tear up. "Never mind," Eddie mumbles as Richie plops down beside me.

"What do you mean?" "What if I'm a bad dad? What if-" he begins to cry softly. "Richie you'll make a great dad. I promise you. Eddie and I will help. Plus all the other losers." I pat his head gently.

"What if I mess up?" "It won't matter Rich. Your kid will love it no matter what." Eddie pats Richies leg.

"Nothing bad will happen. You know that right?" "Mmhmm." His mumbling means he's half asleep. I pull his glasses off gently, handing them to Eddie.