Sixty-One

"Woah Woah Woah. Why are you m-mad?" He holds onto my left hand. Rubbing his thumb over my right one with the red scratches. (not cuts)

"Why didn't you tell me you broke up with Will?" "What? Who told you that. W-We're still together."

"Don't like to me, Bill." "F-Fine..." "Why didn't you tell me?" His face softens as my voice cracks slightly.

"I-I didn't think it would matter..." "You lied to me...I never would've guessed you'd be someone who lies."

"I'm s-sorry. For real." "Why did you lie?" I stare at my right palm, his thumb gently runs over the irritation.

"Bill! Tell me!" I raise my voice slightly. "Because! You're the reason we d-did! I didn't want you to feel bad." He makes eye contact slowly.

"Is...Is it really my fault?" "Yeah, I guess. He got jealous...t-told me off. Here whatever. You read the messages." He shoves his phone into my left hand, leaving my trailer quickly.

I sit down, letting the short tears fall. I stare at the lock screen. A picture of all the losers. He smiles at me as I pay no attention.

Slowly I open the phone. The password simple.

I hesitate before pressing the messages app. I don't know why. But I do.

My breathing hitches as I scroll to find Will's contact.

Will

W: I don't understand Bill.

B: He's my friend. There's no connection. Don't jump to conclusions

W: I've seen the way you look at him. You clearly love him more than you love me.

B: that's not true baby. I love you more than anyone.

W: More than him?
*Read at 8:42 pm*

9:20 pm

B: More than him...I promise you.

W: Tell me why I don't believe that. You two spend more time with each other than we do. Tell me there's no connection there

B: There isn't...I promise.

W: Why are you lying to me?

B: I'm not lying.

W: I really don't wanna talk to you right now.

B: Let's settle this. Please? I don't wanna end things.

W: I didn't say anything ending things. Are you thinking about breaking up with me?

*read at 9:26 pm*

B: No baby

W: Fuck you.

The two had only been together for about two months before ending things. They didn't text often.

Looking through his recent calls, multiple calls from Will's number he's declined...multiple from last night when I had fallen asleep beside him.