2.

Peyton.

"The meeting is here." It couldn't be, but he was here all six something feet of him in a suit, I started to see images of him naked and on top of me, this shit cannot be happening.

Yet it was, I don't know if it was some kind of bad luck or anything related to it, I didn't feel comfortable, I was slightly horrified. "Ah everyone is here." Mr. Tempest the resigning CEO spoke, he was a sweetheart and we as the fashion department were his favorite.

"Boys and girls ah and Peyton." Did he really have to pick me out and it caused the man next to him to look at me, I definitely didn't want that. I would've given every penny I had, for him not to recognize me but his gaze found me and I knew he recognized me.

I remained calm and began to listen to Mr. Tempest, I was going to miss the old man. "This is my son Kol Tempest the new CEO as of today you shall be amazing him with your brilliant ideas, he will be conducting a meeting with this department to say what he expects of you."

When he finished everyone walked to greet the new CEO, given that the design team was only me and the few friends I had plus three others who are in every way irrelevant, greeting him didn't take time.

"I'm still sad to see you go, we could've razed the world of fashion together." The former CEO chuckled as I stood in front of him. "Youll do fine Peyton." He reassures like he always did.

Mr. Tempest was the only person who had taken a chance on a kid fresh out of college to work for him,  he helped me find my way and I was grateful for the chance because I had my dream job.

"Welcome to Xalvic Inc boss." I smiled toward my new CEO, I could see it in his eyes, the raging storm that was headed my way and I was terrified. We shook hands and his grip tightened, I knew what he was conveying.

It was a coincidence for me to find him here but in his eyes that might not seem like the actual case, I worked here and he was my new boss, we had fucked all night,  my neck still had fresh hickeys.

I pulled my hand away from his and stepped back to stand by my friends. "I'm glad to have met you all, I'm looking forward to knowing and working with you." The last part of his statement he spoke looking at me and I shivered.

They turned to leave and I walked to sit at my section, I was contemplating if I should leave now or just wait and see what happens because I definitely knew something was going to happen.

I banged my head on my table. "Ouch." I hissed rubbing my forehead. "Are you on some hard white people drugs?" Only Murdock could ask me that. "No just having a bad day." He lifts his brow and I had to talk.

"Follow." I stand up and lead him to the storage room, although I trusted my friends, I couldn't risk letting them all know yet, the only one I could trust right now was Murdock, he was that one guy you could hide a body with and he would never snitch.

"I slept with him." I blurted out the moment we were in the storage room. "Who got you to open your legs after eleven fucking months?" I knew he would be baffled.

"The new CEO." He burst out laughing and wheezing at the same time. "Okay you got me." He kept laughing to a point where he slapped his knee, I never thought anyone did that. I didn't change my demeanor though.

"Wait you're serious?" I nod and he looked astounded. "Wait that's the guy you left with last night." I nod again. "Oh my holy monkeys, you didn't know he was Tempest's son?" He asks.

"Nope, captain obvious I fucking didn't, if I had known do you think I would have slammed myself on his glorious— okay I'm not going there, but still I didn't know." He now looked calm and I knew he was taking this seriously as well.

"I don't know what will happen now, he obviously recognized me."  We both sigh. "I'm sure it can't be that bad, he's all the way up at the top floor, none of the CEO's or any others conceited asses come here, I'm sure you'll avoid him." I nod to him knowing he was right, I needed to avoid him.

"He's kind of hot though, doubt he's single." Murdock asserted. "Hot yes and married." He gasped when I replied. "Then he, you he." I knew I wouldn't make coherent words if I found that out as well.

"He cheated on his wife or husband with you, he's a freaking cheater." I knew he was right, the guy had freaking cheated on his wife or husband with me and I didn't know how to actually handle that.

"He's definitely going to ask you to keep it on the down low if shit hits the fan, every social media platform looking to make a quick buck or get a quick break will be out for blood, Peyton the home wrecker doesn't sound too great." I groaned.

"No shit Murdock, North Times will have a field day with anything they can get on me." I sighed knowing I had to keep my mouth shut about this, none of it could get out, too much was at stake.

And I didn't want the honor of being dubbed a homewrecker I was too good for that. "What will you do?" My friend asks me and I knew only one thing. "I'm obviously going to act like it didn't happen, I can't risk anything and too much is at stake." Murdock hugs me.

"You're gonna be okay." I smile and nod to him. We make our way out of the storage closet and onto the main work floor. "Were you too shagging in there or were you helping Murdock get a sense of style." One of the irrelevants on the floor spoke.

"Please refrain from saying things that will get you these hands." I replied and he immediately walked away. No one could pick on my chubby best friend except me, he was a die hard lover though love never really loved him.

I'm sure he would find his one guy someday, like I would believe that crap anyway. I left Murdock at his section and walked to mine, I knew I had to prepare for the inevitable which was having to face Kol.

Time passed and I finally felt a little better, the building was huge and going to every department would probably take the whole day, so I figured I would just relax, do my work hopefully go home early enough to catch up on some much needed streaming.

"Hey you ready to go, the workday is done, we could grab a few drinks." I knew Shawn wanted to use me as bait to attract guys. If ever we went out Shawn would use me as bait, Hilda as the sober one to get her home and Murdock would be saying he's with me.

"No thanks, I'm not in the mood of convincing men to sleep with you because you're too lazy to look effortlessly sexy." He glares at me and I chuckle. "I swear one day I will burn that mop of curly hair." I laugh as he walks away.

I never needed to use any product for my hair only shampoo and conditioner, traits of having a mixed heritage, I inherited the best hair plus a lot of other cool things, like being born among trendsetters.

I cleared up my desk and walked toward the lift with Murdock. "See, evasion works." I nod and we make our way out of Xalvic Inc. Maybe it wouldn't be so hard to avoid the new CEO.

After shopping for groceries, I got home and started on dinner, I could order out or have dinner at a restaurant but that's just a waste and nothing beats a home cooked meal.

The doorbell rang and I turned off the stove to check on it, who was at the door, I didn't expect.

"What are you doing here?"

+++

LMJ