38.

Love is about compromise.
Kol Tempest.

Kol.

Life was pretty much moving the way I wanted it to, my boyfriend and I were going to be parents in the near future, we were both content with how our lives were moving, we weren't completely rushing it but when you know you've found the one, you barely have regrets on anything you do.

And I for one held no regrets, my mother and ex couldn't hurt the love of my life anymore, his own mother wasn't going to show up and walk in on our lives and ruin things as well, we had finally found our stride and we were working on our future together, though the thought of marriage still made me doubtful if ever I wanted to take the plunge I knew I would be ready for it when the time came and I knew I only wanted one man to be mine.

My family was divided but the half that I had gotten was more than enough for me, my father no longer seemed to be losing weight and depressed, he seemed more alive and borderline fat with how Peyton dotes on him, the revelation of my mother's scandal wreaked havoc to both of us but we had survived the betrayal and turmoil that she had inflicted on us.

Now I just hoped he would find love again, I didn't want him to grow old, well older than he is now with no one to love him, to share in the special moments of his life, though I knew it wasn't easy finding the one, I just hoped he would find her or him I really didn't care either way, as long as he got to be happy.

He had given me my own happiness, I wanted him to have his own, and I hoped that wish would come true, he deserved it. The news of a possible grandchild had him over the moon, it was these moments that I found to be the best with my father, he was always one to celebrate with you, cry with you, mourn with you or get drunk with you if the moment called for it, that's who he was and I appreciated it.

My brother James's arrival at my doorstep wasn't as surprising as my father would've thought, James had always kept in touch with me out everyone else in our messed up family, I was always there to bail him out when he got in trouble, to send him the money he needed to travel wherever a rebel found to be a great spot to be himself, our siblings had abandoned him but I hadn't and I knew at some point he would come back.

Having him back only brought more life to our father and happiness in me, I had missed my baby brother, I just hoped he would stick around this time, and hopefully, I wouldn't be bailing him out anytime soon, which honestly I wasn't sure would happen.

He was a rebel but this time it seemed he had matured, seen the error of his ways, and trying to rectify them, though the news about our mother should've had an impact on him, he simply stated that he knew, and it's one of the reasons why he was so detached from her, and it all made sense, James and our mother had never been particularly close.

The news of her being in prison made little impact on him, and with thoughts of my mother lingering I decided to never be like her as a parent, I wanted to be better than she was in every way, I wanted my children to able to look up to me and not feel ashamed or disgusted with me as their father, I wanted them to feel proud to be a Tempest and always have that pride.

In all sense of it, I wanted to be a good father just like my own was to me, and the examples that had been set by Peyton's mother and my own were the path we needed to steer clear of, if ever we wanted a happy home with a happy life, no child would want to be raised in a loveless home.

I heaved a sigh as I signed the last document sent to me by the assistant dad gotten for me, she was much much more efficient than any other before and held no ill will against my boyfriend, which for the life of me I never understood why anyone could hate my curly-headed sweet pea, he was so innocent and cute, well except when he's in lace and nothing else, innocence goes out the window replaced by a freaky little thing.

He was so perfect for me, and I wanted to give him the world, he had given me so much, taught me so much that it actually seemed I was the one who gained more from being with Peyton than he did, which was true in every aspect of it, I had gained more than I ever thought I could, he held my hand through the bad times, stuck by me even when I was prick, loved me even though I treated him badly.

He was it for me and I knew no one else could change that, not even him, because I knew even if he claimed to fall out of love with me, I would use my love then, until he fell for me once again, the thought made me chuckle, I was obsessed with him, positively possessive of him and I wanted nothing and no one else, he wasn't just my lover, he's the man I fell in love with, open arms and all.

"Hey Kol." James interrupted my train of thought as he stood by the home office door. "James, what's good?" I replied gesturing him to enter. "Oh everything is great, look do you maybe know if Shawn is seeing anyone?" I knew that question would come sooner or later, ever since the two met Shawn's name won't leave his lips.

"Shawn is very much single, last time his loud mouth spoke about being with someone was never." I assured my brother who grinned from ear to ear. "Oh do pray tell what's going on in that head of yours." I questioned with a hint of amusement. "I never thought a lot about guys, I just knew I liked them but never explored it, and with Shawn, there's something about him, he makes me want to be a better man, you know."  James confessed baffling me in the process.

"Well baby brother, I guess you need the talk?" I teased and he glared at me. "No I know how sex goes between guys, it's just you and Peyton seem to be effortless and perfect with each other, you're practically a married couple, I just wanted to know if that's how it's like—." I cut him off as he was talking.

"First off, Peyton and I have had times we thought our relationship wouldn't work out, we're far from perfect but what we do is compromise, because that's what love is about, making room for the person you love, sacrificing for their benefit not your own, that's how Peyton and I are." I explained and he seemed to understand.

"Secondly dear brother, no gay couple is the same, it's just like any other heterosexual relationship, there are different dynamics that go into that relationship, that makes you guys uniquely you, so understand that if you and Shawn have something it can never be like me and Peyton, it will be special in your own way, understand little brother." I asserted and he nodded with a smile.

"So you like Shawn ey." I teased and he punched my arm. "Yes, I think I do, now for my final question, please tell me the best date spot, because I don't know the fuck about this side of the city." He expressed and my sweet pea laughed from the door.

"Sorry couldn't help but overhear your dilemma, which is similar to Shawn's, he actually wanted to ask you out but didn't know where to go." Peyton explained with a slight giggle walking in and made himself comfortable on my lap like he was the owner of me.

"Please help me." James begged and I pointed to Peyton. "Shawn likes comics, design and roller skating and taking walks on the beach, and watching movies at home and crying afterward." Peyton explained and James seemed to absorb all the information given. "We have somethings in common, I have the perfect idea, I might not be home tonight." He asserted and both Peyton and I laughed.

"No sex on the first date!" I yelled. "I know!" He replied and Peyton turned to look at me like I was crazy. "Then why did you fuck senseless on our first date?" He questioned and I smirked. "You're irresistible, you make me hard by just being you." I confessed and he rolled his eyes. "Be grateful I'm in love with you Kol Tempest." He responded trying to get off my lap and I clamped him down.

"And I'm in love with you Peyton Lake Tempest, so how about we go upstairs and we find ways to use whip cream and strawberries in any possible way, we could also add thick n hot cream to it." I suggested and he moaned. "I like the sound of that." He responded and we made our way upstairs passing by an excited James.

+++

LMJ