25

Peyton.

I groaned inhaling the scent of heavy musk mixed with lavender and pine, only one person smelled as good and I knew it was Kol, I opened my eyes slowly finding myself situated on his lap, I could feel him underneath me, hard or not I could always feel his rod, I blinked twice groaning again.

"Hello beautiful." Kol spoke placing a kiss on my forehead which was a habit I had grown to love. "Hey." I mumbled lowly still reveling in the feel of his muscles under me and his scent. "Hello Peyton." I knew that voice and it belonged to only one person, I timidly turned my head to look in front of me.

"Oh, Lord." I mumbled hiding in pure embarrassment and shock. "Hey Mr. Tempest, what's up?" I tried to play it cool but my cheeks were still flaming. "Oh nothing much, I missed you two." As he responded I finally calmed down, I had missed the man as well physically, though I had made sure to call him every few days whilst we were in Europe.

"I missed you too Mr. Tempest, I see you're our chauffeur for the day." I chortled and he rolled his eyes. "I meant well and here you are teasing me about it, will I ever be good enough for you my dear." He whined and it was my turn to roll my eyes as Kol laughed at our exchange.

I made myself comfortable on Kol's lap since I knew he wouldn't let me off and placed a kiss on his stubbled jaw. "How have you been?" I questioned as we turned the street to our house, the one which Kol completely renovated, it was in a nice secure neighborhood, a slight distance away from the city, spacious inside and outside, it was the perfect place since I didn't have nosey neighbors.

"I've been great Peyton, just a little tired." He responded and I immediately felt guilty, Mr. Jaime Tempest had been the one who was taking care of the company in our absence, I felt like I abandoned him to take care of everything, and I knew Kol felt the same way, we needed to step up and let his father rest. "I'm so sorry you had to manage everything on your own, but I promise you won't have to anymore, we're back and you deserve to rest." I asserted and the faintest of smiles graced his lips.

"I have no doubt in your ability to uphold those words Peyton, and thank you for keeping your promise." I knew what he was talking about was connected to the day he had dinner at my apartment before we went to Europe, I was sure he would see the change in Kol, not just physically, emotionally as well, he had done well over the time we were away.

"Anytime." I mumbled as we came to a stop in front of a gorgeous home, the design was Victorian, mixed with modern day design, I loved the white accentuated with silver and blue on the windows. "It's beautiful." Mr. Tempest complimented as we stood outside our new home.

"Peyton has a good eye for real estate." Kol added and I blushed at the compliment, it had been true the house was beautiful and I already love every inch of it, all two stories. "Welcome home my love." Kol exclaimed as he opened the door for me to get in, I gasped looking inside, the foyer was large as I wanted it, a large gas fireplace by the wall in the lounge.

"Biggest kitchen I've ever seen." Mr. Tempest remarked as he stood in the kitchen, it was black marble and silver taps, along with white carboards."I've always wanted a huge kitchen." I mumbled twirling around in the kitchen.

We made a tour of the house, and I was impressed with the renovations Kol had done on the inside and the vast backyard as well, we stood in the master bedroom, large and just enough surfaces to have sex in all the positions Kol and I wanted on his wild days. "It's perfect." I mumbled as he held me in his arms. "I'm glad you like it." He replied as we checked out the three other bedrooms on the floor, extra closet and bathrooms.

We made our way downstairs to find Mr. Tempest with his shoes off lounging on the couch seeming right at home. "Ah, haven't felt this relaxed and homey in a while." He mumbled as he sunk further into the couch making Kol laugh. "Stay the night then, I will see what we have for dinner, babe I think the car with the rest of our bags just pulled up, help them get it." I instructed before heading to the kitchen of my dreams.

I was happy with my choice for a home, finally, my life was coming together perfectly and I couldn't have asked for more. The kitchen was fully stocked so I got to work on dinner as Kol and his father shared a drink and laughed at some jokes which I didn't understand. "Kol, three glasses only I see you." I warned Kol as he was about to drink another glass of wine.

He scowled and set down the bottle whilst his father laughed, I prepared dinner as fast as I could because even though the flight had been comfortable, it had been long and Kol suffered more from jetlag than I did so I knew he was tired.

"I moved everything to the eight seater table in the dining room, as Kol and his father sat down I served them both before sitting down next to my boyfriend. "Great meal as always Peyton." Kol's father comments as I served him his seconds, Kol was silent as he took more food making me chuckle.

"Thank you sweet pea." I nodded to Kol as I put away the dishes after dinner, though Kol had suggested to get a helper in the house or just someone to help clean in general, I had refused, I wanted to do it myself, to feel the fulfillment of taking care of my own home even though I would be tired, it was the best feeling I would have.

After eating dessert I was about to stand to clear away the table when Kol went ahead of me. "It's my turn today, I won't take long." He asserted and I let him take care of it. "He's never done the dishes in his life, what have you done with my son Peyton?" Mr. Tempest humorously accused and I dramatically held my chest in a gasp. "Nothing I swear." I expressed my innocence and we both burst out laughing.

"He's a better man now, and I'm glad he has you, if only his mother would see that he's changed, and loved him for who he is, life would be so much easier." Mr. Tempest confessed and I could feel the weight of his words, no matter how much Kol had changed for the better I doubted that his mother would see it like that, or appreciate it. I had hope though, that it would be different.

"People need time, I guess that's the only way to get them to see what they're missing when they get to see the persons they've shunned thrive and be happy without them." I explained to which Mr. Tempest smiled. "I guess you're right my dear, but starting tomorrow I need you to take charge along with Kol, things have to change and I know you'll make the best decisions, the both of you." I nodded in understanding of what he meant.

Despite my lack of knowledge I knew Xalvic corp, along with the Tempest family needed a bit of change, that's why tomorrow was different, Kol and I were a united front and I knew we could handle anything thrown our way, but for him, I would do anything because he finally made me love again.

"I'm done, how about that superhero movie we never got to watch." Kol announced as he stood by the lounge entry way and I chuckled. "I will make the popcorn, set up everything else." I pecked his lips as we both headed our own way, tomorrow was when the real work started and the jet lag was killing me.

+++

Follow - Vote - Share - Comment

LMJ