34.

Peyton.

"Good morning." I cheerfully greet Mr. Tempest as he walked into the kitchen. "Smells lovely in here." He complimented and I slightly blushed as I was caught off guard. "Thank you, Kol likes his sausages a bit roasted with no cream double sugar black coffee, and I know you can't have anything artificially sweet so I have freshly squeezed orange juice." I offered and the man lit up with a genuine smile.

"No wonder Kol is getting fat, he's enjoying the benefits of having a man who can cook."We both chuckled as I set the breakfast spread for him, Kol came into the kitchen looking as fresh as ever though his slight stubble was there.

"Morning babe." He spoke pecking my lips. "Morning, have a seat we were just about to have breakfast." I ordered and he followed his father to the dining room which was connected to the kitchen, my boyfriend could now walk without the crutch but not for long periods and the bullet had left a rather nasty scar on his leg which he proudly flaunts when he's naked and trying to get laid.

"Just how you like it." I mumbled as I served Kol and added more food to Mr. Tempest's plate to which he happily accepted, I sat down at the table and began eating my own meal. "I'm going shopping later on with Shawn and Murdock." Mr. Tempest announced and I choked on my sausage.

"You're going shopping with those two, and you expect to survive?" I questioned not leaving out the unsaid question of if he was sane. "Their company is quite enjoyable Peyton, don't be so jealous." He teased and I pouted. "I'm not jealous, just concerned." I whined like a puppy and Kol placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Leave the old man sweet pea, he's just joking." Kol interjected and I stuck my tongue out at Mr. Tempest. "Don't be so victorious yet, or you might not get your Xmas present." He stated with a glint of mischief and I glared at him. "I swear you two are like children." Kol mumbled with a chuckle and we finished breakfast just like that.

"Honey I'm home!" Shawn yelled by the door and Kol groaned, he always complained of how Shawn is loud. "Hey Shawn, I think he's ready, he'll be down in a sec, how did you three even end up planning this whole shopping trip?" I asked with amusement. "Oh we planned it when we met at the hospital, the day your daddy got discharged, and now we're doing it." He exclaimed dramatically and I rolled my eyes.

"Hie Mr. Tempest, ready to go, Doc is meeting us at village." He spoke trying to contain his obvious blush, it was a known fact that even if Mr. Tempest was well in his fifties, the man was still hot, and could still make any man swoon, just like his son. "I'm ready, shall we my dear." And he was also a charmer. "Have fun." I waved the two off and turned to prepare for the day as well.

Though the twenty-third was supposed to be jovial and filled with excitement and merriment, I needed to do something for Kol that he had been putting off for a while, it was a burden he was carrying around that he needed to let go, it was one of my Christmas wishes for Kol and I was about to execute it with or without Santa.

"Hey babe, can you come with me on an errand?" I asked with puppy eyes. "Sure, where to." He inquired but I didn't reply. "Heres your coat, and your boots, the snow is a bit high." I cautioned as he wore the items I offered and we made our way to the car. He seemed content with the lack of information I had given him and I was okay with that.

We drove for a while until I parked at the St Agatha Cemetery at the southeast side of North City, the reason why I had brought Kol here was because I wanted him to talk to his unborn baby, it might seem ridiculous but I wanted Kol to say what he felt, to wish his baby girl a merry Christmas even if she never got to see her first rays of the sun.

I wanted Kol to have closure, to celebrate the holiday without something holding him back from fully being in the holiday spirit, I knew he thought a lot about his little girl even if he moved on, he had planned so much for her but never got the chance to hold her, or even look into her eyes and promise her that she will always be safe.

I wanted to give him that opportunity to let out all the turmoil. "I lied, there isn't an errand, I wanted to bring you here." I confessed and his brow quirked up. "It's where Amy was buried isn't it, I wanted you to talk, let out your emotions, tell her you miss her, wish her a merry christmas—" I rambled on until Kol cut me off with a kiss.

"Thank you, for thinking about it, for considering it, I know it wasn't easy for you but thank you, so much." He responded and I nodded, we made our way out of the car and into the cemetery. Kol led the way till we found the grave, though she was aborted Kol still considered her to have lived thus the grave.

"Hey baby girl, I don't know how these things are supposed to be said really, I'm just winging it like any father, I wish I got the chance to meet you, I wish a lot of things but then again I guess it wasn't supposed to be, you'll always be in my heart and I will always remember you." Kol sighed and I laid a comforting hand on his arm, just to let him know I was there for him.

"This should have been our first Xmas together, and a whole lot more holidays, I wish you could've met your future dad Peyton, he's absolutely the best you know, he's kept me from trouble and filled my heart with love like you did when I heard you were on your way, I'm sorry I couldn't do anything to stop you from slipping away but I promise to make sure that if ever you have siblings I will protect them and love them, just like you, I love you, baby girl." Kol finished and I wiped away the tear that trailed down his cheek.

We stood there in silence, we didn't need to talk, we just needed to be present in the moment. "I'm sure wherever she is, she heard you and she's happy that you didn't forget her but found strength to move on, and I think that's what matters." I asserted and Kol hummed as he pulled me closer to his body.

"Thank you, for bringing me here, I really hadn't made peace with how she died, and now after all this, I finally feel that I've made that peace and I can move on happily." My boyfriend confessed and I placed a kiss on his cheek. "I'm glad you got that, which means I get to check this off my long list for Santa." I added and he chuckled.

"I'm sure he appreciates that, as I do appreciate you for everything you do for me Peyton, I love you." Kol exclaimed and I nodded knowing there weren't words I could say that could express how much I loved him as well, we had a rocky past and a very bad history but we somehow managed to make it work and survive.

"Let's get out of here, maybe catch up with my father and sneak a peek at what they bought." He mischievously asserted and I gladly accepted to do it, I was glad that Kol got to find peace with his daughter's death and also the fact that he was willing to let go and move on, the prospect of having other kids was already on the cards for me and him, though I was scared of parenthood, I was determined to make it work.

Kol and I were moving forward with our lives though we knew there were more trials to pass, we would never abandon each other and we would always stick together, this was how I felt and I knew that's how my man felt too.

+++

LMJ