29

Peyton.

"How is he doctor?" I could hear Kol's faint voice, it got clearer as I woke up fully. "His vitals are good, he should be waking up soon." The woman replied but I could hear Kol's irritated groan. "You've been saying that for the past three days, he has to wake up, or you aren't doing your damned job." He barked and I winced at how harsh it was.

I tried to speak but my mouth felt dry, how long had I really been out of it. "Kol." I whispered and immediately I felt large hands grab mine. "Baby, you're okay, you're awake." I smiled looking at the disheveled mess that was Kol Tempest. "I missed you so much sweet pea." I had never seen Kol shed tears and it was shocking to see him shedding them now.

"I thought I lost you." He mumbled as he furiously wiped his tears away. "Oh, my love." He whispered tucking away a stray curl from my face. I tried to sit up but the doctor stopped me. She checked my vitals and everything else. "He's alright, he heals pretty quickly, and thankfully it was just a concussion and blood loss which you seemed to have recovered from as anticipated." She summarized and Kol nodded to the woman.

Mr. Tempest walked in and immediately walked to me. "Oh my boy you're awake, thank goodness." He smiled softly as he held on to my arm. "Here." Kol offered me water and I drank it greedily to quench the dryness I felt. "That feels a lot better." I chortled and Kol seemed relieved. "I'm so glad you're okay." He asserted again and I smiled toward him.

"I'm sorry I gave you a fright, how long have I been here?" I asked Mr. Tempest. "Three days, you lost a bit of blood and your head was pretty banged up from the hit you took when that idiot smashed your head onto the window." Kol replied trying to keep his anger still. "I didn't realize it was that bad." I muttered and the two men scoffed.

"You should have been knocked out by that blow but you kept fighting and won, I'm so proud of you but don't scare me like that ever, no more fighting for you." Kol ordered and I was happy to agree. "So am I getting charged or what?" I asked the two men who were in the room with me.

"No, nothing of the sort, the video from the parking lot shows evidence that it was self defense so you won't be getting charged plus with the confession you got from one of the goons Kat was arrested earlier the next morning and I made sure she would stay in jail for a very long time." Mr. Tempest concluded and I sighed in relief, at least one problem had been dealt with.

"Of course you still need to give your statement to the police and also the public, which I suggest you do sooner than later." Both Kol and I groaned when his father mentioned the press conference we would need to have, why did we have to be famous, I groaned again and the man chuckled.

"Suck it up, it's only a few questions." Mr. Tempest chided and I nodded to him, I knew it had to be done but what didn't have to happen was me staying in a lemon and bleach wreaking space. "I am not staying in here even if I just woke up." I announced and Kol chuckled. "I thought as much, we had your discharge papers already processed given that we would have a nurse to look after you at home for the week." I was grateful in that moment.

"Thank you, I really did not want to stay in here." I mumbled as Kol placed a kiss on my forehead. "Let me get everything sorted, Doc and Tajil are outside." Kol asserted as he and his father left Doc burst in. "Peyton!" He burst out crying. "Doc." I whispered not able to contain my own tears. "I thought I'd lost you, idiot." He cried all over again and so did I.

"I'm sorry, but I'm okay now Doc, I'm already being a bitch." I reassured and he wiped away his tears with Tajil's handkerchief. "Peyton!" Shawn burst into the room and cried all over again. "You had me worried there you selfish bitch, how could you suddenly just fall unconscious after that epic fight scene." He whined as he wiped his tears away.

"I'm so glad you're okay." He added as he sat next to Tajil near my bed. "How are you feeling now Peyton, you don't seem like you've been out for the three days." Tajil inquired and I glared at him. "I'm fine if you must throw a jab at me, thank you for taking care of my emotional care bear." I responded and he chuckled whilst Murdock snickered.

"So the ex sent goons to do you a number, well that's new." Shawn exclaimed as he sat by the chair looking comfortable in a hospital. "How exactly is it new?" Doc contended. "Usually they get even by dating someone they think will be better than their ex which in my opinion is stupid." He replied and Tajil laughed. "Maybe she had issues who knows, I'm just glad Kol made sure she's going to prison by however means." Doc concluded and I couldn't agree more.

"I feel the same way, she needed to go." I asserted and the three laugh. "So how have you been, what's new?" I questioned because I didn't want to dwell on the fact that I had almost been kidnapped by men sent by my boyfriends ex. "Nothing, just been waiting for your ass to wake up and stop outshining sleeping beauty." Doc chortled and we all burst out laughing.

"Now you're just exaggerating." I accused and Murdock raised his hands in truth and surrender. "I swear, but I realized that more than anything Kol loves you, he was here day and night waiting for you to wake up, and made sure no one would ever hurt you again, you have something real with him, Peyton, cherish it." Murdock exclaimed and Tajil along with Shawn nodded in agreement.

"I will, and thank you you guys, for being here." I expressed and Doc slightly smacked my arm. "You're more than just a friend to me, Peyton, you're family and you would be a mess as I am right now if the roles were reversed, so don't thank me, I did it out of love." He asserted and I was truly grateful for whatever higher being that had given me Murdock as my best friend.

"Ready to go home babe, but with a nurse on our tail?" Kol questioned and I nodded. "It's better than staying here, I despise hospitals." I instantly replied and Shawn chuckled. "We'll be waiting outside, I know my sweet flower won't be satisfied until you're in bed and not complaining." Tajil asserted and I knew he was right, Murdock wouldn't leave until he was sure.

"It's okay, we can have dinner at my house." I offered and they nodded in return making their way out. I turned to Kol who had a smile on his face. "I never knew you could kick ass like that, I'm impressed." He spoke up and I blushed.

"But you're no longer going to fight, I already hired guards they're outside, and they will protect you as well I  my sweet sweet pea." He added and I wrapped my arms around him, though I was still weak I could still show him I loved him. "I love you Kol." I mumbled against his ear. "I love you too Peyton." He responded then gave me his signature breathtaking kiss.

"Let's get you dressed and get you home, the nurse has gone along with my father, they're setting everything up right now." He announced and I nodded happily knowing at least I would be going home. "Kol what happened at the family meeting?" I questioned and he sighed heavily.

"It was bad but my father gave everyone their piece as his children so that they no longer have attachments to the company, now anything Xalvic corp earns no longer goes to any of them but to the CEO and the founder and some other individuals, it's in fine print." He replied with a smug grin.

"And your siblings were okay with that?" I questioned again. "Of course they weren't but father made it clear that they refused to be part of the company yet they wanted to reap its benefits, which was wrong, therefore it was either they took what he offered or nothing at all." He concluded and I knew for certain his siblings would take what they were offered.

It was odd knowing that Mr. Tempest's children had decided to live off their father till they were grown adults who should've done something for themselves a long time ago, it was pitiful and I felt no remorse only that Mr. Tempest should've cut them off sooner.

+++

LMJ