37.

Sometimes a second chance is what a person needs to get things right.
Kol Tempest.

Peyton.

As shocking as the arrival of James on Christmas morning, the shock wore off, not only did I learn about his misgivings but also his hate for his older siblings who wanted to blame him for most of the things they did, and like someone who didn't want to be anybody else's scapegoat, he became a rebel.

Mr. Tempest seems a little more livelier, a little bit more happy because his son is finally maturing and wants to change his own bad boy's ways, I was in hundred percent support of his change and so was Kol, we both noticed how his father seemed a little bit more of everything now that he had his son back.

"So my friend Shawn said he will come pick you up in forty minutes so you can go shopping for everything you need." I relayed my message to James who looked up to blind me with his boyish smile. "You don't really have to go through all the trouble, it's —I don't know— I just want to feel independent but if you think he's good company then okay." He conceded but I knew deep down he needed that freedom.

"You can go on your own if you want." I suggested and Kol quirked a brow questioning why I was letting him do it, though they were glad to have him back, trust wasn't exactly regained so easily. "No it's fine, I will go with him, besides it would be boring going shopping alone after Christmas." He interjected and I felt really bad but without Kol's approval, I couldn't say otherwise.

Breakfast wasn't a silent affair even after the awkward moment, it was filled with chatter. "So how did you like your present Peyton?" Mr. Tempest questions and it brought a smile to my face, he had bought me the latest design tablet, it had more features and made my on the go inspiration easily put on paper or rather tablet.

"Awesome, it's got everything thank you." I confessed and he chuckled with a nod. "Kol how did you like yours?" I asked knowing what exactly I had gotten him, well three of the things I had given him, he choked a little on his eggs and I offered him water making James and his father laugh in the process.

"Absolutely the best, thank you dad, and Peyton, for um—the present." He slightly fumbled over his words and I knew I was the cause of it, who knew black lace thongs and a freaky position had so much effect. "Great, James, I know your present was last minute but how did you like it?" The young man lit up just like the Christmas tree.

"Are you kidding me, you got me a Rolex and a gift card to fashion house, it's like a dream come true for any man." He exclaimed excitedly making me laugh along with his brother and father, I was glad he liked his gifts because I hadn't planned on a fourth person coming, and on top of that I just felt like I needed to show James that I wasn't what people called me, I was actually nice.

After inquiring about Mr. Tempest's gift, I knew he loved it, though he would have to wait till next year to actually use those gifts, he wasn't in a rush, none of us were, breakfast was over and now it was time to meet with the woman we had agreed with to carry our kids.

.

Kol and I had decided to get a surrogate to carry our children, she was a woman of mixed ethnicity just like myself, though over the holiday season we hadn't met her like we wanted she had confirmed on a meeting with us to see if we needed to try again with the insemination or she had conceived.

I was crossing my fingers hoping she would say she's conceived. It seemed as if our lives were moving at a fast pace than Kol and I had anticipated but we both didn't mind, he wanted children and so did I, though he still needed time to get over his first marriage, he couldn't hop from one marriage into another, it would seem really rushed and I wanted him to be ready for it.

The reason why we had decided to do it earlier than later was because both Kol and I weren't getting any younger, in two months time my boyfriend would be thirty-one, and his dream was to have his baby in his arms and cherish those moments earlier than later when life would be a little bit more busy.

"Babe, you ready to go?" I called out as I walked into our bedroom. "I am, I was getting your coat and my wallet." Real men walk with their wallets that was the motto of the Tempest men, I really didn't understand it though, my phone practically had everything so I'd never really need a wallet.

"Thank you." I mumbled as he helped me put on the coat, the snow had stopped but it had stuck to the ground making it colder than I would've appreciated. "Honey I'm home!" Shawn yelled from the door and Kol held in a groan, he was still loud to him.

"Hey Shawn, how was your mom?" I inquired as he had spent the holiday with this mom. "She's great, she's going on that vacation to the Club Isles, where you're spoiled and relaxed at the same time." He replied wistfully and I chuckled. "I'm glad she liked your gift." I asserted and he nodded. "So where is the man?" He questioned as James came downstairs looking like all Tempest men do, hot.

"You didn't tell me I would be spending the day trying to calm my raging hormones because of this much eye candle." He whispered in my ear but Kol heard him and we both laughed. "Hie, I'm James, you must be Shawn." He greeted and my friend could barely hold it together. "Oh christ alive I think I just had an orgasm." He whispered in my ear before walking forward.

"Yes, I'm Shawn—uh, I —um, nice to meet you, James." He stuttered all the way and I knew my friend had fallen for the bad boy. They were still holding hands and staring into each other's eyes, James making subtle innuendoes as he spoke and Shawn leaning over like a charmed man, I foresaw my friend worshipping James.

"Ahem." Kol cleared his throat and they let go of each other, James held a smirk and Shawn was all fire engine red. "Have fun you two!" I yelled walking through the kitchen to the garage. After driving for an hour avoiding traffic, we finally made it to the cafe which was our meeting point with Kieran, it was quaint and the homey feeling added with christmas festivity made it a little less stuffy.

She was already there when we got there, and she was a seam away from bursting with rainbows and unicorns. "Hie!" She cheered standing up to greet me, we had done a background check on her and any of her relatives, her family records were great, and seemed to be doing well for herself, she had her reasons for agreeing to be our surrogate which was her brother who needed treatment for cancer, her family couldn't afford it so she hoped this could get enough money.

"Hie, how are you." I replied with equal enthusiasm as she did, Kol nodded to her with a smile as we sat down. "I've been doing a lot of research on pregnancy lately, you won't believe the crazy things people do, but I'm glad to say this baby will be a healthy one." She remarked and Kol quirked a brow questioning what in the world she was talking about.

"Oh, I forgot." She exclaimed and pulled out three pregnancy tests which were in a transparent sealed plastic bag, they all had positive signs. "Wait we tried the first time, and this is the second, it worked?" I questioned almost in tears. "Yeah, I'm pregnant." She mumbled but barely containing her excitement. I sprang up and hugged her, then Kol took me in his arms where I temporarily cried my eyes out.

This was such a blessing for me. "Thank you, oh thank you so much." I expressed and she gratefully accepted, the rest of the time it was Kol and her going over the necessary information and documents, most of it I didn't understand but what I did pick up was that she didn't want to have the money, she just wanted it transferred to her brother's medical care.

I finally realized the lengths family would go to, to make sure their loved ones are okay and survive in a harsh world, though Kieran had given me the best gift a person could get, I also saw how honorable she was in doing everything she could to help her brother.

"We'll see you soon." Kol concluded as all three of us stood up to leave the cafe, I was the happiest. "No second thoughts or doubts that we may be going too fast?" Kol questioned and I shook my head. "Not at all, I've always wanted a child with the man of my dreams." I responded making him chuckle. "Let's get home and inform my father, I'm sure he would be ecstatic to hear the news." I had no reason to doubt that, as I took Kol's hand happily and we made our way home.

+++

LMJ