12.

Kol.

I didn't want him to leave, I didn't want to hurt him like I was doing but for everything to go the way I wanted it, he had to have no idea, I know I hurt him and I will fix it when I have my life in control.

After his outburst  in my office I realized I've been hurting him more than intended, and I hate myself for it every day but that's how it had to be.

Walking into the large mansion with Katarina my wife everyone looked at us as if we were the most perfect couple, like we had no problems, but behind closed doors, she and I rarely sleep in the same bed anymore.

She's so hung up on herself and her image she's ruined us, I thought she would change as we got married but I was wrong, I was in love when I met her blinded by what others considered what every guy wants.

Now I don't see it that way, she's not what I want, and I'm paying for that mistake each day. "Excuse me I have to talk to Elouiese, he's launching a new line of lingerie and I want in on the modeling campaign.

She was most likely going to sleep with him for what she wanted it was obvious, I knew her infidelities but she didn't know mine, I couldn't bring myself to break up with her and come out as a bisexual because I thought it would ruin my image professionally and socially.

Now that route seems more viable than staying in a loveless marriage with a woman who I barely feel a spark for. My mother walks up to me with a smile as always, proud to have the perfect son with the perfect wife.

"Hello mother." I greeted with a blank face. "Kol darling you look smashing, and so does Kat, how's work?" I sighed knowing work was hell if Peyton was angry as he was. "Fine mother, excuse me I need to talk to dad." I asserted before she could hit me with another question.

Hurriedly I walked to my father, I needed to tell him what happened with Peyton this morning, after my argument with Peyton in my office, he threatened me to tell him everything that had been going on and I told him, my mother could've never understood but my father did.

He helped me figure out everything and helped me come up with this whole elaborate plan, I walked to him and pleaded with my eyes for him to follow me. He did however respond after tending to guests and followed me up to his office.

"It's a mess dad, he's mad and he's threatening to quit, I refused to let him go but well his stubborn curly-headed self didn't back down this time, I hurt him dad and I hate myself for it." I explained and my father was silent.

"Kol you just don't get what you want easily, you have to work for it, I told you it wouldn't be easy to have Peyton, he's stubborn it's in his nature but son you have to show him whose boss and I'm sure you know how to do that, just be patient." I sighed knowing dad was right, I just had to figure out a way to plan everything right.

"The first part is already complete he's filed for resignation, and Kat already signed the prenup, thanks to your mother." He added and I was baffled. "How did you get mom to do that?" I asked because mom wouldn't help if she knew about all this.

"I just told her we were preserving the family fortune, and well the rest was history you know how your mother is." I nodded knowing mom would do anything to keep money in the family and away from strangers. "Are you sure you can go through with the next step Kol, it will change your life completely?" Dad asks with concern and I knew he would be but I was ready.

"Dad I'm not doing this for him only, I'm doing this for myself as well, I'm tired of coming home to an empty bed, to scents of other people on our sheets and I'm tired of waking up to a stranger each day, I want someone to love me, someone to rediscover life with, I'm too young to be going through this hell." He sighed and walked over to me and hugged me.

"I'm proud of the man you're becoming Kol, and I'm so happy you're finally realizing who you really are inside, it took time but I'm glad." I chuckled to his statement as we separated. "Thanks, dad." He nods with a smile.

"This is what you'll need for the divorce I already have copies, and I will talk to Peyton, play your part and I will play mine." He asserted and I nodded gratefully. I wondered why dad had helped me so much with everything, he had gone above and beyond in helping me, making sure I knew what I was getting into.

"Dad why are you helping me with this, shouldn't you be lashing out about your son getting a divorce, so he could be with another man, like a stereotypical father." I stated and he chuckled lowly.

"Kol my boy, I had a friend once, he was married just like you did, had a great life but he was never truly happy with his life, instead of just taking back his life and pursuing happiness with the man he loved, he decided to hang himself because of the bad choices he had made, I don't want that for you Kol, I want you to be happy like any parent should want for their child." His response made me look at my father in a different light.

He was doing this so I could be happy, so I could be with someone I loved, he had seen this all before and wanted me to be different and I appreciated that, I appreciated and was grateful for his love. "You're the best dad." I exclaimed and we walked out of his office.

I held the flash drive with my wife's infidelities on it if she chose to defend herself and claim she hadn't cheated on me and also the prenup along with divorce papers were ready, all that was needed was to go speak with our lawyers for the agreements and finish the whole process.

I felt bad because I hadn't told Peyton what I was planning this whole while but for him to be safe from Kat and my mother he had to be seen as totally innocent, the media had to see him as someone I started seeing after my divorce, I didn't want Peyton to be branded a homewrecker, I wanted him to still have a normal life even after our first public kiss.

Making my way back to the ballroom I found my soon to be ex-wife with the man she was going to be sleeping with later as the days go by, I wondered how my mother never noticed how her prized daughter in law flirted with men publicly or how she threw hints to any man willing to bang her.

The rest of the night I tried to mingle in with everyone else as this was the holiday before the expo, I wondered what my curly headed love was doing, I had a lot of begging to do before I got back in his good graces. I hoped he would forgive me for putting him through hell.

"Time to go Kat." I asserted prying my wife off another man she wanted a deal with. "Already, okay, nice meeting you Rick." She waved the man off and we made our way to the car, the car ride was spent in silence, I knew I had to say it sooner rather than later.

So as we made our way inside our home after the excruciating car ride, I finally turned around closing the door to her bedroom when she was about to get in. "What is it Kol?" She asked annoyed by what I had done.

"I want a divorce, and I'm not negotiating." I spoke as calm as possible. "Kol what's this about, a divorce what for, everything is fine." She argued and I groaned. "Look at us Kat, we're far from fine, we sleep in separate rooms, you're sleeping around with so many different men whilst you go on your so called business trips, don't even try deny it I have proof, I'm not perfect, but I owe it to both of us, Kat, we need to break up." I angrily replied making her flinch.

"You know." She mumbled lowly. "Yeah I fucking know Kat, and I've had it." I replied and she sighed. "Kol we can get through this, I will get help, we can get help, fix this." She conceded but I didn't want a damned shrink.

I wanted Peyton. "No Kat we've been saying that to ourselves for a year now, tomorrow get that lawyer of yours, you're always sleeping with him, meeting at nine in the morning, we're done." I concluded walking away from her, I could hear her crying as she got into her room.

I didn't want to hurt her but I chose someone else and I had a lot of making up to do.

+++

(Now you know)
Follow - Vote - Share

LMJ