chapter 3

⚠️this chapter has angst emotions and deals with kidnapping/ abduction⚠️

"dream?"

george listened. it was quiet. silent. he wasnt sure what time of day it was, but it was dark inside. it resembled nighttime. but theres no way nighttime could last for 36 hours, or at least what felt like it.
george was inside a room that smelt like crusted piss and vomit. he just wanted out.

dream was knocked out on the floor on the other side of the door, he knew that much;
so george decided to rant to him.

dream was unconscious, after all.

"im just so tired."

george felt silly at first, talking to his best friend who was passed out on the other side of a big block of wood.

"and i really miss you."

he tensed up, and waited for a reply that he knew wouldnt come.

"i really just want to go home and sleep in a warm bed, but instead im in a strangers house without a phone or anything because i got fucking kidnapped-"

george took a breath.

"im exhausted. i want to go back to when we were walking together on the street and i wanted to mess with your hair.. why couldnt you just let me play with it?"

tears welled in his eyes.

"dream. if we dont get out of here and this is the last time im able to talk to you, i just want you to know, which you definitely should but youre my best friend. i would die for you. with you. if we die, im glad that its with you."

tears streamed down georges face, and he took his clout goggles off the top of his head and shoved them in his hoodie pocket.

after what seemed like hours of sobbing, george lied on the cold floor and before he knew it, he was asleep.

-

dream woke up suddenly, feeling even worse than he did before.

he was sitting with his knees up to his chest and his left side was leaned against the door.

he turned his head to see sunlight pierce through a window from the unkept kitchen. dust danced in the sunbeam, and dream finally came to the realization of where he was and everything that had happened last night.

fuck.

dreams first concern was to make sure george was alright, so he said quietly

"george?"

no reply, except as dream pushed his ear closer to the door, he heard the labored breathing of his best friend.

oh thank god.

dreams next concern was the man in the chair. their kidnapper.

dream positioned himself into a squatting position and hoisted himself up with help from the doorknob.

he went to the back of the red chair, and peeked over to see the man. he was still there. same position.
dream leaned over the man from the back of the chair to get a better look and immediately pulsed himself back from the smell the man gave off.

it wasnt just uncleanliness, although dream knew for sure that was part of it. it smelt like rotten meat. dream swatted away a few flies before investing more. he peaked around the side of the chair this time, and saw the mans eyes were open.

dream jumped, pure shock forced him to cover his mouth when he realized the man was dead. there was no life in his bloodshot black eyes and he was drooling out of the right corner of his mouth.

"fucking disgusting."

dream said, then realized he could take the opportunity to search for the key to let george out.
he began the search, looking everywhere he could possibly imagine. under couches, in the mans hands, on top of the tv console, in the kitchen and even under some loose pieces of wood from the disgusting floor.

it had to be somewhere, the keyhole was huge so the key had to be too big to swallow.

"where the fuck.?"

dream whispered to himself, leaning against the door he fell asleep on.

might as well see if theres food, maybe my senses are off.

dream walked to the kitchen, and opened the fridge. flies buzzed out, and immediately circled the dead man.

dream found a brown banana, it was mushy and had a little sliver im the peel like someone sliced it with a knife. he knew there could be so many things wrong with the fruit, but out of all the choices he had from the fridge, the banana still seemed healthiest. and the most important thing for dream right now was to heal up so he could save his best friend.

he began to peel the soggy skin off the banana, and it flopped onto his hand. dream cringed in disgust, but knew he had to get through it.

he took a bite, and it tasted amazing but the gooey texture wasnt it. it was so sweet, and he knew it was good for him, so he finished it off and then decided to search for glasses and water.

first, he ran the sink to see if the tap water was brown.

clear.

at least the man paid his water bills. dream gave up on finding cups the moment he saw the water. he drowned his mouth under the faucet and practically inhaled the water.

oh my god.

dream had never been so grateful. then he felt guilt. george was still stuck in the room.

dream rushed to the door, already feeling better.

"george?"

dream said in a near whisper, not wanting to wake up his best friend but also wanting george to somehow let him know that he was okay.

he listened through the door and again, heard staggered breathing.

hes okay, dream. dont worry. hes just asleep.

then he remembered something that he regretted not remembering hours ago;

"my door was unlocked-"

dream immediately stood up and with all the energy the banana had given him, he ran down the other hallway and back to where he woke up the first time. on the mattress near the door, there was a key.

"GEORGE!"

dream rushed down the hallway, the key in his hand. he was shaking, almost too unsteady to even be handling such a precious find.

"GEORGE I FOUND IT!"

"wha..?"

georges voice was sleepy.

"george i found the key!"

"wait what?"

dream heard george scramble away from the door to let dream open it.

dream stuck the key in the keyhole but it stopped halfway through.

dreams smile immediately fell.

no. what?

"dream?"

dream flipped the key.

it stopped.

"what the fuck?"

"dream?" george repeated.

"this isnt the goddamn key, george."