chapter 15

after what felt like hours of searching, going in and out of hotels trying to explain their situation, they finally found a Woodspring Suit that let them stay the night for free. they got settled into their room and decided they needed to shower.

"do you want to go first?" george asked.

"what if we just... showered together?" dream was joking, but if george said yes, he wouldnt complain.

"um, no."

dream laughed. "no, you can go first."

george went into the bathroom and dream went up to the phone. he dialed the number and someone picked up almost immediately.

"hi, mom."

"clay?"

"yeah."

"clay, i havent heard from you in almost a month, are you doing okay?" the voice on the other end was worried.

"me and george got kidnapped actually. were in augusta georgia, or at least right outside of it." dream sat on the edge of the bed.

almost a month? its been like a week.

"george? your boyfriend?"

dreams face got hot. he completely forgot that george had texted her after losing a bet. "yeah."

"do you want me to come get you? where are you calling me from?"

"were staying in a hotel tonight, and i think if you at least bought us plane tickets back to brighton, that would be enough. you dont have to come all the way here."

"okay, ill order them."

"thanks, mom."

a long pause.

"okay, youre flights for wednesday, january 16th."

"what? thats so far away."

"honey, today is the 14th."

"wait are you serious?" dream stared at the wall. he was in shock. him and george missed christmas and new years. they must have been knocked out for a good 2 weeks, then.

how are we still alive-?

"yes."

"ill call you on the plane. thanks so much, mom."

"of course, sweetie."

"wait. what airport is it?"

"Regional At Bush Field. call a cab to get there, the directions are a bit confusing."

"thanks so much, i love you." dream heard the shower turn off and george emerged from the bathroom with a towel around his waist and no shirt on.

"i love you too. stay safe."

dream hung up, staring at george, his face bright red. "hi."

"dream we forgot to clean our clothes."

"yeah." dream got off the bed and walked over to george and gently pushed him against the wall.

"you smell bad-" george kind of chuckled awkwardly, and turned bright red.

dream looked george up and down with his eyes. "shut up." he put his hands on georges bare waist. and pulled himself closer so their bodies were almost touching.

"dream stop, seriously." george laughed uncomfortably and dream let go.

"what if i showered?"

"um, i dont know."