Oh Styx

Tasmin POV

As we run from yet another monster we seem to split up. I run as fast as I can away from them and search from the others. We are so close to camp! We have been traveling for 1 week and there weren't that many monsters! So close! I run to the edge of a cliff and look down, de ja vu hits me like a truck. I look at the beach and see the others captured all looking up at me and struggling.

"Ssso we catch the girl! We offer you a choice my dear," a voice says behind me. I feel a dagger at the back of my neck next to an artery. I stiffen in anticipation.

"Join us! Help us fight the demigods and your friends will live!" A deep gruff voice says as well. I look at the bottom, I could not jump in the sea if I wanted to because rocks go out for a good few miles. That means I would have to die,

"I would never join you even if it meant death!" And I jump, I don't want to be killed by monsters, lightning is heard from a few places and my skin burns. My vision blurs and blue sparks cover my eyes. A blurry face appears in my eyesight and I know it is Ryan,

"I'm sorry! I love you," I whisper and then everything goes black.

Ryan POV

I watch as Tamsin stands at the edge of the cliff, I'm sure she would use her powers but she is exhausted already. A dracenea place a dagger at her throat and some other monster is there as well. I summon some lightning striking down the monsters holding us and the ones with Tamsin, but she jumps just before I do so. She doesn't scream she just falls. I run and use my powers to fly over to her and catch her in my arms just in time. I hadn't noticed that lighting had struck her while she was falling, not until I saw her skin burning.

"I'm sorry. I love you!" She whispers and then she falls lifelessly into my arms. Her breathing shallowing. I rush back to the others and place her on the ground. Piper and Aaron have gone, hopefully to get help.