Kabanata 30

KABANATA 30

WHEN the night consumed the remnants of day completely, the moon and stars illuminated the sky while city lights provided luminance to earth.

Ridge deemed the atmosphere to be perfect the moment he went out to his suite's terrace, a bottle of milk in his hand and a towel placed around his neck and shoulders.

Leaning on the railings, Ridge stared down at the highway and watched vehicles pass by their hotel.

To sum it all, Ridge amused himself by observing how bustling the city remained despite the time.

Naghalumbaba siya at sumimsim ng gatas, dini-describe sa isipan na mukhang mga langgam iyong nasa ibaba.

Minus that they aren't lining up for food or anything, instead; working their way to their attend to their work on time or just going home.

Strands of his hair began to sway once touched by the evening breeze, and for a brief moment, Ridge felt as if floating.

This is the kind of peace that he wants to achieve.

Sobrang tahimik, hindi ba dapat ay sulitin na niya ito? Lalo na at nagpaalam naman ang karamihan ng mga kasama niya na iinom sila sa ibaba.

Mamayang madaling araw pa babalik ang mga iyon dito.

Walang iistorbo sa kanya kapag inayos na niya iyong kinompose niya noong isang araw sa Baguio.

Free time.

Deciding that he should do his tasks instead of stalling time; Ridge took a deep breath before pushing himself off from the railings.

He did it carefully to avoid spilling or loosening his grip on his half-empty milk bottle.

Bumalik siya sa loob ng suite nila at kinuha ang keyboard niya mula sa kwarto niya.

Seriously, as much as he wanted to have his own suite, there was an apparent anomaly with the reservation his company previously made.

Kung ano iyon, hindi sinabi ni Wade kaya bumaba rin ito kanina para makipag-usap ng masinsinan.

But his manager reminded them that even if he fixed the problem, there is no guarantee that they'll be transferred to separate suites.

Noong maipwesto na ni Ridge ang keyboard sa glass table sa sala, agad niyang hinanap ang mga papel na sinulatan niya ng raw compositions.

Fortunately, he found it faster than he had anticipated.

Placing a supporter just at the top of the keyboard, Ridge immediately inserted the music sheets on it.

Then, with a sharp eye, he slowly ran his fingers through the keys, letting the rhythms dance through his ears. He really enjoyed the euphony he had created, but at the same time, he had also noticed a few mistakes surfacing.

"Fuck, got a wrong key in the chorus."

He immediately picked his music sheet out from where it was, applying some correction tape on his mistake.

Hindi niya kaagad na pinalitan ang key na nawawala. Pinlay muna niya ulit ang buong piece para makuha ang tono na mas angkop dito.

Abala siya noon sa pagre-revise ng composition niya nang marinig niya ang boses ni Wade. Mahina pero dahil tahimik, dinig na dinig niya.

"Hardworking, isn't he? You don't really see that on Ridge often."

Napalingon siya sa kinaroroonan nito at nakita ito sa may pinto. Nakaharap ang likod ng cellphone sa kanya, naka-earphones, at mukhang may ka-video call dahil napangiti ito sa screen ng gadget bago iniangat ang tingin sa kanya.