Secure

It was cold. Too cold. Izuku noticed the way everything went still, he took note of the soft ringing of a scream in the distance. He desperately wanted to open his eyes to see where he was, the rush of freezing wind against his pale skin making his stomach churn and his throat dry. What was happening? Flashes of crimson colored scales filled his mind, his mate's blonde locks one of the last things he could remember seeing before he was falling, tumbling into a bottomless abyss of darkness, it seemed — And why couldn't he open his eyes? Time seemed to slow down, the sudden realization that he had slipped hitting him like a brick, panic shooting through his veins and a rush of adrenaline pumping through his blood as his eyes shot open. The faint silhouette of his lover in the mere distance was all he could see with his blurry vision, heart hammering in his chest.

He could still practically feel the way he had suddenly lost his grip, hands slipping from around Katsuki's waist — And then he was pummeling down, thousands of feet in a matter of seconds, surely close to the bottom by now. All he could do was pray, knowing there was no way the Alpha would reach him in time. He let his eyelids flutter shut, accepting his fate at last. He hoped his mate would be okay, that he would live a happy, fulfilling life, and didn't mourn his inevitable death for too long. Just a few more moments, and he knew he'd slip. He was ready to accept the awaiting darkness that was soon to envelop him in it's cold embrace, draining the life from his very essence. He held his breath, heart beating like a drum as he clamped his teeth down onto his bottom lip, the small dribbles of blood the only thing keeping him grounded. Slowly, he counted down from three, 1.....2......3... He prepared himself for impact, peeling his eyes open when he never hit the ground, the feeling of firm arms around his midsection settling his nerves and making his breathing steady out.

The force of the ruby dragon landing left him breathless, two hands wrapping around his wrists and hoisting him up so that Katsuki could wrap his arms around him. "Kacchan..." The greenette muttered softly, hands shaking as he hesitantly wrapped his own arms around his lover, pressing as close to the Alpha as physically possible, realizing just how much he loved him. What was he thinking? Was he really that prepared to accept the cold reality of death? The very thought made his head spin, small tears falling from his eyes as Katsuki growled lowly, the gravely sound reverberating in the blonde's chest and making a small smile tug at his chapped lips. "I-I—" Katsuki snarled, gripping onto Izuku's shoulders to pull him away enough to look him in the eyes, lips tugged into a sneer.

"What the fuck were you thinking!?" His voice sent a shiver down the Omega's spine, and the freckled male could see the how red his eyes were from crying, he could see just how worried he had been. "You should have known better!! I-I — I was so goddamn worried! Izuku, I— I was scared..." The King's voice broke as he spoke to his quivering mate, tears threatening to fall once again. "What would I have had done without you, huh? You could have died!" Izuku swallowed hard, letting himself be hugged tightly again, nuzzling his head into the crook of the blonde's neck. "I love you so fucking much, Izuku... Don't ever scare me like that again!" He growled into his ear, peppering kisses to his temple gently.

"I-I'm sorry...." Izuku mumbled, letting out a sweet scent to help calm the man down, the feeling of his soft breathing against his neck enough reassurance to let himself close his eyes. "I didn't mean to... Katsuki... I- I was so close-" The blonde shook his head, placing his finger against his pink lips to quiet him.

"Don't," Was all he spoke, replacing his fingers with his mouth, gently kissing him, relishing in the feeling of having his Omega safe and secure in his protective hold. "Just... I'm glad your okay..." Katsuki smiled down at him, nipping at his claim deep within his neck with a proud smirk. "But if you ever try that shit again —" He paused, tilting his head up. "You're not gonna get off so easily, you hear me?" He scolded, quickly wrapping his arm around his shoulder to lead him away from his dragon, cursing under his breath as Angel and Spark pushed him down to get to Izuku, smothering the tiny Omega with sloppy, wet kisses, soaking him in saliva with their tails wagging happily behind themselves as a way to say how thankful they were that he was alive and well.

"Alright, get off him, you damn lizards," Katsuki chuckled, playfully pushing Spark away a few inches. The baby creature nipped at his hand, licking a long stripe up his body and . "Ugh-! Really?" He laughed, scratching the adolescent beast on his neck and watching as he sat, only for his foot to start thumping loudly against the ground. "Okay, you fuckin' reptiles, give him some space!" He sighed, grabbing his lover by the arm to pull him away from the creatures, watching in his peripheral vision as Izuku pouted, not wanting to go just yet.

"Kacchan," He started, "Can't we just stay for a little bit longer?" He whined, giving the King puppy eyes, lip puffed out as he begged to stay.

"No," Katsuki's voice was gruff, wrapping his arms around Izuku's waist to pick him up, making the tiny Omega wrap his legs around his torso to keep himself steady. "Not fucking happening," He shook his head, pressing his nose to the pale skin on his neck, desperately trying to press closer to his mate. It'd be a while before his inner Alpha would let the Omega leave his side, and the Omega knew not to push for it anymore.

.
.
.

Katsuki pushed open their door, slamming it shut and practically tossing the Omega down into the nest, a threatening, possessive growl bubbling up from his throat as Izuku propped himself up on his elbows, giving a warm smile to the man. The Alpha crawled on top of him, straddling his hips as he wrapped his arms around his whole body, carefully maneuvering to avoid his stomach as he hid his face in his neck. Izuku sighed, hand reaching up to gently pet his head, playing with his soft hair and trying to help calm him. The blonde grumbled, pressing his nose closer to his scent gland as he moved to lay between his legs, the greenette happily moving his legs out of his way so that they could both get more comfortable. "It's okay, Kacchan," He whispered sweetly, his voice like honey. "I promise everything is alright," He cooed tenderly, carding his fingers through his locks of hair softly. He knew sweet words weren't going to help the man fully, but he'd do anything he can to make him feel better, this was entirely his fault, after all.

"I.... Izu, baby..." Katsuki spoke against his neck, his grip around him tightening slightly. "What if you... had.... What if I wasn't there in time..?" He muttered into the almost agonizing silence. He pressed his ear to his lover's chest, listening closely to his steady heartbeat, the soft drumming the only thing keeping him from breaking down. He was right. He's okay. He's safe now, in his hold.

"Hey, hey... I'm fine, you saved me. Don't focus on what could have happened, focus on me," Izuku cupped his Alpha"s head in his small, fragile hands, leaning down to press a chaste kiss to his forehead. The deep purr that erupted from the larger male's chest made Izuku's heart flutter, squealing with surprise as the crimson eyed male nipped at his neck, giggling happily while the man left sloppy kisses up and down his tender flesh.

"I fuckin' love you," He murmured, nibbling at his scent gland. "And...." He pulled up, hand stroking his tummy as gently as he could. "Maybe I'll have someone else to love soon, too..." He smiled, glancing up at the curly haired male's happy grin.

"Yeah... maybe..." He chuckled, spreading his arms for the Alpha to resume holding him.

_____________________

I hope you enjoyed! There's only 1 or 2 chapters left, so— Stay healthy and beautiful my little pups!! Byeeeeeeeeee!!! 🖤🖤🖤

Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes!

1443 words