2. (1/4/23)

Preparation

Spiraea

"Sunooooooog!" napabalikwas ako ng bangon nang may sumigaw mismo sa tenga ko. I'm still half awake but I already recognize her voice.

"What the fuck, Euca?" singhal ko saka inis na tinanggal ang kumot na nakapatong sa akin. She giggled and that's when I realize they're all in my room.

Which is not surprising. We're childhood friends. Maging ang mga magulang namin ay magkakaibigan kaya natural na welcome ang isa't isa sa kanya kanyang mansion.

Yes, mansions. What do you expect?

"Good morning, sleepyhead. New record ha," Dea said while looking at her watch. I rolled my eyes as I stood up and went to the bathroom to fix myself.

Those bitches crowned me as the sloth queen since ako raw ang pinakamabagal kumilos at palaging late sa klase. I can see that too. I'm just too lazy to change myself.

And of course, if I have mine, they have theirs too. Crysanthemum being the slut queen. She's the campus girlfriend and what I mean by that is that she already dated almost half the boys in the campus. Kaya hindi na rin ako magtataka kung birhen pa yan. She's even proud at the number of her exes. She sees them as her toys. Typical bitch but still we love her.

Eucalyptus is the gluttony queen. She's hoarding foods. Walang pili halos sa pagkain, maliban siguro sa exotic saka sa may lason?Hindi ko alam. Pero sa pagkakaalam namin, lahat ng nahain sa harap niya kinakain niya. She orders her own food too dahil napakatakaw niya. Ayon nga lang, gaya ng sinabi ko noon, hindi naman halata sa pangagatawan niya ang pagiging masiba niya.

Jasmine, the wrath queen. Pinakamaikling pasensya sa aming lima. Kaunting gulo, kaunting gusot, sasabog agad. Don't mess with her or else black eye ang matatamo mo. She might be the shortest to us five, her being 5'3 but she sure can beat up guys with her knowledge and skills.

And lastly Elodea, the greedy queen. Pinakamayaman sa aming lima pero pinakakuripot rin. Nagpapabayad sa lahat ng gagawin. Loves to spend her money all to herself. Palaging designer's clothes ang suot. Mahilig ibalandra ang mga kayamanan niya. She changes her car almost every week para lang may maipagmayabang. But still, she loves to exhort money from us like what she have wasn't enough.

Yes, we're not perfect. We're not angels you'll see in heaven. We're queens ruling our own worlds. That's how I see us. That's why I don't really care what other people would say. I love myself and my friends no matter how bitch we are seen in the society. Plus, if I know, insecure lang din naman sila sa kung anong meron kami. If perfection doesn't exist, then we're close to it.

After fixing myself, I went outside the bathroom and finding them arguing, again.

"Spiraeaaaaa, nagpaluto ba si tita?I'm hungry."reklamo ni Euca saka ngumuso.

"We just ate before going here kaya." inis na saad naman ni Crys saka humalukipkip.

"Why are you here pala?I don't recall having any meetings."singit ko dahilan para tumitig ng masama si Dea sa akin.

"Duh, we keep on talking about it sa gc kaya!We only have a week to prepare but knowing you, you'll pack last minute kaya we're here to help." paliwanag ni Dea. Oo nga pala, yung mysterious email. Hanggang ngayon, nahihiwagahan pa rin ako doon. I sense something is wrong about it but I can't pinpoint it.

"Well, thanks?" I said not knowing if that's the right word to say.

"I don't accept gratitude without money, bitch."

"Yeah, I'll send later in your account."

"Spiraea, I'm really hungry!" himutok ni Euca.

"Help us pack muna and then we'll eat whatever you want." Crys said.

"Yeah. So you better shut the fuck up or I'll shut the hell out of you." inis na saad ni Jas. Kaya pala nananahimik, nagtitimpi na sa ingay ni Euca.

"Yes ma'am," she answered then flash her smile which I don't know if that's fake or not.

"Hey, I love this shade of red. You should wear this on the first day." Dea said while looking at my make up kit.

Crys and Euca walked towards Dea and then in a snap, they're both busy talking about makeups. I ignored them and walked towards Jas.

"I can't sleep last night."she said while choosing clothes for me. I sat beside her and helped by folding it and putting them on my suitcases.

"I can feel something's wrong with the email too. It's like, it just suddenly popped out. I asked my parents if they were informed about any university invitations but there weren't any."

"You seem scared."

"I am, honestly."

She smirked. "I'm not." I stopped and looked at her. She's still choosing clothes and never bothered looking back at me. "I can't sleep because I'm excited, Spiraea. Danger excites me."

"So you're sensing danger too. What if, wag na tayong tumuloy?" finally, I said it. Ang tagal ko nang kinikimkim yung doubts ko tungkol sa school na iyon pero wala akong pinagsasabihan na kahit sino.

This time she topped and looked at me, her eyes full of excitement. "No way. There's no turning back Spiraea. Plus, this is it. Nasa exciting part na tayo ng buhay natin. I can feel it. You shouldn't be scared. We can protect ourselves."

I sighed. Guess I really can't stop them. Plus, Jas is right. We're taught how to defend ourselves to other people. We can handle it in case there are dangers that awaits us.

-------

"See you next week, girl!"Crys waved us goodbye. I just raised my hand while waiting for them to leave. Pupunta raw sila sa restaurant para i-treat si Euca and since I'm still sleepy, I decided to stay in the house muna.

"Spiraea-"

"What mom?" I tried to sound nice but I guess I failed. Mom smiled but her eyes looks so sad.

"Uhm, your dad will eat here for dinner. Do you want anything?"she asked hesitantly.

"No."I glanced at my phone.

"Will you join us later?Matagal na rin nung huli tayong kumaing tatlo na magkakasama."

"No. Pakisabi kay yaya dalhin sa kwarto yung food, I have errands to run." palusot ko. To be honest, it's just awkward to be with my mom and my dad that's why I'm avoiding them. Probably because I'm not a kid anymore.

"Okay."she said with the hint of sadness in her voice.

I smiled as my form of reply and then walked upstairs.