Anniversary (Natasha Romanoff)

Natasha Romanoff X Reader

Warnings: I don't think there are any?

------------------------------------------------------------------

Natasha had just arrived back from a mission with Clint and Bucky. It was 11pm and hers and (Y/N)'s anniversary. She felt horrible about not being there today but Furry had insisted she go on the mission.

Desperate to spend at least the last hour with her girlfriend she sprinted off of the quinjet and straight to their room. She shoved the door open and to her suprise the bed was empty.

"FRIDAY where's (Y/N)?" Natasha asked.

"Miss (L/N) has instructed me to inform you that she is where you first kissed" FRIDAY responded. Natasha was confused at first, but quickly made her way to Tony's lab. She remembered their first kiss like it was yesterday.

Tony had decided the team needed some bonding time so they took a vote on what to do.
(Y/N) suggested a game of sardines and Clint jumped at the opportunity to play a childish game, this also meant Natasha had to agree seeing as he was her best friend and the options were that or Tony's suggestion of spin the bottle drunk addition. Most of the team followed her logic much to Tony's dismay. Having come up with the idea, (Y/N) was the one to hide.
Nat found her first, she was curled under one of the workbenches in Tony's lab, completely guarded by the shadows. Natasha wouldn't have seen her if it weren't for her nervous snickering. She crawled into the small space with (Y/N) while they waited to be found.
Bruce walked in next and was about to leave when (Y/N) clamped a hand over her mouth in a poor attempt to stifle her laugh. Bruce turned back to look into the room and before (Y/N) could burst out laughing, Natasha silenced her with a kiss.

Nat entered the lab to see that same workbench had been cleared and set up with a candlelit dinner as though it were some fancy restaurant.

"Happy anniversary baby" (Y/N) said. She rose from her chair to greet her girlfriend. Natasha drunk in her appearance, she was wearing a floor length black dress. It was off the shoulder exposing her collar bones, which were still covered in the faint marks that Natasha had left before she went on her mission. Nat smiled at her work of art before pulling (Y/N) into a loving kiss. (Y/N) indulged her for a second before pulling away.

"As much as I've missed you, Tony's only letting us have the lab for like ten more minutes so eat fast talk later" (Y/N) said, Nat laughed before doing as instructed.

The pair of them finished eating with exactly one minute to spare before Tony walked in. As the couple walked out the lab (Y/N) thanked Tony and gave him a side hug before dragging Natasha out and onto their next location. The indoor pool.

"What are we doing here?" Natasha asked, before she got a response (Y/N) had launched herself into the water, her hand still linked with Nats pulling her down into the pool as well. Once the two of them surfaced (Y/N) planted a kiss on the redheads lips before she could speak.

"You asked me on a date for the first time here" (Y/N) explained "I was swimming laps and caught you staring so I said-"

"Take me out to dinner and you can stare even longer" Nat finished for her "so I took you out for dinner. It feels more like you asked me on the date" she admitted, (Y/N) placed another kiss on her cheek before climbing out the pool, the other woman following closely behind.

"That's not how I remember it" (Y/N) confirmed as she squeezed any excess water from her dress and hair. Natasha did her best to fix her hair. "Come on we've got one more stop" (Y/N) said, once again dragging the redhead out the room.

"Tony will kill you for getting his floors wet" Natasha commented as the pair of them left a trail of water along the hallway.

"You'll protect me" she responded with a shrug. 

The two of them reached the balcony and (Y/N) positioned her girlfriend so she was facing her, her own back next to the plant pot so she had easy access to the small box she'd hidden earlier that day.

"You found me here when Tony threw one of his parties, you loved them but I hated crowds so tried to escape. So you lit the fire pit and said we'd roast marshmallows instead but it started raining. Instead of going inside we just stood here and got soaking wet while you told me stories about your life"

"I remember" Nat hummed now realising why they'd both jumped into the pool. (Y/N) was trying to recreate the memory as best she could. Natasha was surprised she even remember it, she treasured the memory but it always seemed like something that would be so insignificant to everyone else.

"I know you say you're not one for sappy speeches, but I'll keep it short I promise" (Y/N) said as she reached a hand back into the plant pot and searched for the small box. Natasha was completely captivated by the smile playing at the (H/C) haired girls lips to notice her hand that was fumbling around behind her back.
"You captivated me from the moment I saw you. You were stunning and you're personality even more so. You made me smile at every given moment, even if it was entirely inappropriate" Nat snorted knowing that she was referring to all the meetings they had been in where she'd managed to make (Y/N) laugh midway through. "And you somehow still manage to make me smile whenever I think of you"

(Y/N)'s hands grasped around the box and she smiled wider in silent victory. To be perfectly honest she made her speech very flexible as she wasn't sure how long she'd have to drag it out before she found the box.

"Natasha Romanoff, you never cease to amaze or suprise me so I would be honoured if you would please" she got down on one knee and pulled out the small velvet box, flipping it open to reveal a small silver band "marry me" (Y/N) finished.

Nat felt tears prick in her eyes and she couldn't care less right now. She grabbed (Y/N) by the arms and pulled her up so they were level again. She pressed her lips against hers in a loving and fiery kiss.

"Yes" she whispered as she pulled away and rested her forehead against her fiancés. (Y/N) slipped the ring on Nats finger and the pair of them grinned like idiots.

"Now go take a shower, last time I let you stand out her sopping wet you got a cold" Nat scolded as she began pushing (Y/N) inside.