R U bored yet? (Steve Rogers & Bucky Barnes)

Bucky Barnes & Steve Rogers X Reader

Warnings: not really a warning but poly relationship, happy pride!

Inspiration: R U Bored Yet? - Wallows. Loosely based on my interpretation of this song in terms of something missing from a relationship and a possible end of one phase that is the beginning of another.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"hey Steve" (Y/N) cooed as she entered the kitchen. She spun past him placing a chaste kiss on his head a she did so. Steve shifted in his chair a smile settling on his face as he watched her bounce around the kitchen to prepare her breakfast.

"How did you sleep?" He asked. (Y/N) glanced over her shoulder at him, an exaggerated pout on her face.

"Not great baby. Just bad dreams again" she said with a dissmisive wave as she continued to search through the cupboards "did Thor eat all the poptarts again?" She asked shutting the cupboard.

"Yeah I think so. Why didn't you wake me up last night?" Steve questioned as he got up from his seat to prepare her a bagel, but Bucky walked into the room and beat him too it.

"Morning Bucky, I was wondering where you were. You a Steve are practically inseperable" (Y/N) said, a laugh escaping her lips as she tried to avoid Steve's question.

"Morning (Y/N)" Bucky greeted sliding the bagel across the counter to her. She thanked him and turned only to be met by a very stern looking Steve.

"Stop avoiding the question" he said, a slightly menacing edge to his voice.

"You looked so peaceful last night, I didn't want to wake you" she hummed, a kiss on his cheek and she moved past him and too the table. He sat down opposite her, eyebrows raised as he silently pried for her to tell the truth, hopeful that if she did he wouldn't have to lie.

"Alright fine" she relented with a mouthful of bagel. Swallowing her food she locked eyes with Steve "we need to talk" she admitted.

"Bucky would you mind?" Steve asked as he nodded his head to the door. Bucky took the qué and left. "What's on your mind?"

"Look, Steve you know I love you. And I mean that I really do, I'd be content spending the rest of my life with you" (Y/N) began.

"Content?" He questioned wairly.

"I just can't help feeling- I can't stop wondering. Steve are you bored yet?" She blurted out.

"What do you mean?" He asked, although he knew exactly what she meant.

"I mean, it feels like. I dunno a bit nothingy. Not nothingy, obviously I love you and you love me, wait do you love me?" She suddenly found herself doubting everything.

"Of course I love you. But I agree, theres something missing" he sighed. (Y/N)'s head shot up.

"Yeah, yeah that's it. Steve, I don't know what to do. How do we fix that, I don't want to lose you" her eyes were pleading and he knew his next words had to be carefully selected, had to be correct.

"I have an idea. You can say no but just hear me out and remember I love you" he stated, she nodded, a cautious nod. "What if we bought another person into our relationship- I mean maybe that's what we're missing, we both love each other but maybe we need someone else and-" she placed her hand over his mouth to shush him.

"Just breath honey" she said with a small giggle, slowly her hand left his mouth. He mumbled out a nervous apology. "I think that sounds like a good idea" a smile on her face and Steve let out a sigh of relief "who did you have in mind?" She asked.

"Who did I? I uh I didn't" he mumbled.

"Liar, you've given this a lot of thought so spill. Who did you have in mind?" when he didn't respond (Y/N) placed her hands over his "Okay I'll go first then" she sighed.

"Wait, you've thought about this too?" He questioned, head titled to the side like a lost dog.

"Yes" she admitted, a pink tinge covering her cheeks. "How about..." Steve smirked as her voice dropped to an incoherent volume.

"What was that, I couldn't hear you" he teased, she wacked his forearm lightly.

"I said what about..."

"Little bit louder doll" he leaned in close this time, grin still on his face

"Bucky" she snapped at last "I said Bucky and with your super hearing you should've heard me you jerk" she scoffed. He let out a chuckle.

"I heard the first time I was just enjoying watching you squirm" he laughed, she stuck her tongue out at him and rolled her eyes.

"What do we do if he says no?" She asked.

"About that- I may have.." it was Steve's turn to trail off.

"I can't believe you, you already asked" she snapped playfully.

"It just slipped out the other day" he defended.

"How does 'will you date me and my girlfriend' just slip out?" She scoffed, a playful grin still on her face.

"It just does okay!" Steve returned her grin.

"So you going to tell me what he said or just leave me hanging?" (Y/N) asked after a moment of admiring Steve's smiling face. He hadn't looked this happy in a while.

"I think I can answer that for you doll" Bucky chimed suddenly appearing in the doorway.

"You were easedropping" (Y/N) scoffed in disbelief "you two are terrible" she muttered.

"Yeah, but you love us anyway" Bucky said with a smirk as he stalked towards the table, (Y/N) blushed bright red

"Does that mean you want to date us?" She asked breathlessly as he leaned in close, one hand resting on the back of the chair to support him as his lips were almost brushing hers.

"You're flustered doll" Bucky smirked.

"Just answer the damn question" (Y/N) replied although her voice was failing her.

"I can't think of two people I love more. So if you'll have me I'd be happy to call you my best girl and Stevie my boyfriend" his lips dipped down to brush against hers, a sloppy kids that grazed her Cupid's bow and left her hungry for more, to which Bucky happily obliged. Until (Y/N) pulled back leaving him concerned.

She turned to Steve to see him smiling at the two of them like an idiot.

"Come here and give me a kiss dumbass" she mumbled at him, he was at her side in seconds.

(Y/N) sighed contently, she'd never get bored of this.