Acceptance (Shuri)

Shuri X Reader

Warnings: homophobia kinda, but it all works out so we vibe

I felt like I owed you guys an actual update after an A/N so here you go!

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Peter!" (Y/N) cried as she bounded across the hallway and managed to successfully tackle him to the floor, landing him flat on his back.

Still sat with her legs either side of his stomach she let out a cheer of triumph.

"You're getting really good at that" he coughed trying to recover from the wind being knocked out of him. "But not good enough" he added as he shoved (Y/N) back on the floor and jumped to his feet.

He offered (Y/N) a hand and she took it, allowing him to pull her up. She fixed her (H/C) hair.

"Oh hey dad" she said turning to Tony and pulling him into a hug.

"Hey kiddo" he replied with a look of I-know-something-you-don't on his face. (Y/N) scrunched up her face.

"What's with the look?" She asked.

"What look?" he knew full well what she was taking about "you're the one with a look" he said.

"Yeah because of the look on your face. What is it?" She half snapped.

"Nothing, nothing. Anything you two want to tell me?" he pointed between (Y/N) and Peter who immediately blushed at the sound of what he was suggesting.

"No offence to Peter when I say this, but Ew gross. He's like my best friend" she made gagging noises.

"Just because you say no offence doesn't make it not offensive (Y/N)" Peter replied.

"Well there's got to be someone by now" Tony pouted at his kids lack of taking after him. "what about all those clubs and study groups you go to? Not got any friends there?" He asked.

"You realise that people only talk to me to get the inside scoop on the Avengers, one of the girls said she wanted to fuck you which was Ew" she continued to make more gagging noises.

Tony sighed at her, had he been a bad parent? Of course not right, she'd turned out great. All those extracurricular activities, top grades at school, she couldn't be better? Right?

Pushing his self doubt to one side he turned back to the pair in front of him as they began bickering about something or other.

"I'll leave you kids too it then" he said, but (Y/N) grabbed his arm before he could disappear.

"Actually I had no idea Peter was here I came to talk to you dad" she said, an edge of nervousness in her voice which concerned Tony. Peter already had some inkling of what the conversation was about and decided it was best if he left.

"What is it? Is everything alright (Y/N)?" Tony panicked.

"Yeah everything fine, I wanted to tell you I'm going to Wakanda for a few weeks" she said, dogging her true intentions of the conversation.

"Wakanda, why?" He pressed, she took a deep breath.

"T'challa said I was welcome anytime because me and Shuri are..." She trailed of mumbling something incoherent.

"What?" Tony asked. (Y/N) took another deep breath.

"Dad I'm gay" she said at last. She avoided eye contact not knowing how he would react.

"You're- what?" He asked, (Y/N) almost flinched at his words. "As in you like girls?" He tried to clarify.

"As in I'm gay and I'm dating the Princess of Wakanda" she confirmed, daring to meet his eyes only to find them wide open, a look of pure shock on his face and maybe just a hint of disappointment.