Panic! (Natasha Romanoff)

Natasha Romanoff X Reader

Warnings: very music centered, swearing

------------------------------------------------------------------

It was Bucky's birthday and Tony had insisted on throwing him a party. Eventually he'd caved and told Tony that he currently really liked Panic! At The Disco. Despite this Tony was absolutely adamant that they had a female live singer (purely for his own enjoyment), and got to work finding a cover artist.

He researched a few and picked his favourite, upon seeing who he picked Bucky absolutely refused and went through the list himself before settling on one. Nat had requested she sing Pray For The Wicked, even if it wasn't Bucky's favourite album, she wanted to see the look on Steve's face when (Fuck) A silver lining played.

The night came and (Y/N) arrived at the party. She was nervous, she'd never sung in front of a crowd this big and as if that wasn't enough pressure she had to sing in front of the Avengers as well.

She had settled on wearing a white dress shirt with her back suit that included a waist coat. She'd done her usual stage makeup, done up to the point of looking natural when on stage, with the added bonus of winged eyeliner.

A few people had already filed into the party. Before she could pull someone to the side and ask where to set up, none other than Pepper Potts approached her.

"(Y/N) (L/N)?" She asked and (Y/N) nodded in response. "Great, the stage is over there if you need to set up, you'll be performing at ten thirty. I'm assuming you'll need a break hallway through" once again (Y/N) nodded. "You look great by the way, I have to run if you need anything just grab someone" she said before running off to go sort something else.

(Y/N) kept mostly to herself for the first half hour of the party, trying to calm her nerves and making sure she knew the words to the songs (even though she knew, she knew the words). Eventually it was time for birthday speeches from Buckys friends and then she was up.

"Now I'd like to introduce the lovely (Y/N) (L/N) our live singer for the night, so sit back, relax, grab a drink and enjoy yourself" Tony finished as he gestured for (Y/N) to step on stage, she did so as the party goers cheered. She could almost guarantee Bucky didn't know many of the people at the party.

She stepped onto the stage and adjusted the mic. Suppressing her fears, she gathered all her confidence for a strong start. Plastering a huge smile on her face she began speaking.

"Thank you Tony and a very happy birthday to the birthday boy Bucky Barnes" the small crowd of his friends around him cheered as he offered a shy smile. A particular red head caught her eye, she looked extravagant in her cocktail dress. Peeling her eyes from the redhead, (Y/N) introduced the album she'd be covering and the backing track burst to life.

She put her all into the first half of the performance, remembering everything she was supposed to be doing, after all performing is so much more than just singing.

"Thank you, I'll be back in fifteen" (Y/N) announced after finishing singing Roaring 20s. She stepped of the stage and immediately grabbed her water, music still flooding the room.

She floated near the stage during her small break, watching as the crowds of people talked and danced.

Natasha had seen her and thought she was absolutely amazing, then she'd heard her sing and thought somehow she'd gotten even better. Everything from her outfit, to her voice, to the energy she put into performing.

Grabbing Bucky (who in turn dragged Steve along) as an excuse to go talk to the girl, Nat hauled him over. Upon seeing them coming her way (Y/N) mustered up all the energy she could and greeted them with a smile.

"Hey, Bucky was just talking about how amazing your performance was and he wanted to come say hi" Natasha lied.

"I was?" Bucky questioned but after seeing his friends glare he agreed to her statement. "I was, you're an amazing singer" he added.

"Aw that's very sweet of you, I hope you're enjoying your party" (Y/N) responded and Natasha mentally cursed at the girl for being so sweet as if she wasn't already perfect enough.

Nat spent the entire conversation trying to figure out how to ask the woman for her number. The assassin didn't really get nervous, but something about the way (Y/N)'s (H/C) hair fell around her face, and the way her (E/C) eyes lit up when someone complimented her or shared an interest had Nat going weak in the knees.

"Well I best get on with the second set" (Y/N) said after the fifteen minute break seemed to go all too quick. Bucky nodded and said his goodbyes along with Steve, Natasha mumbled something of a response as well.

"You were flustered" Bucky stated as the last of (Y/N)s (H/C) hair disappeared into the crowd.

"I was not, she's just very good looking" Natasha defended lamely as her eyes subconsciously searched the crowed for the beautiful singer.

Feeling a new burst of energy (Y/N) stepped onto the stage and soon the second half of her performance began.

Nat couldn't keep her eyes of the girl, she loved her voice and her looks and her personality. Her everything really.

The Overpass was Natashas favourite song that was sung that evening, this was based on one fact and one fact alone. As (Y/N) approached the lines 'everything about her is perfect, down to her blood type' she'd spotted the redhead in the crowd and couldn't peel her eyes away from the woman.

The world seemed to slow in that moment as they gazed into each others eyes from across the room. Two strangers that were somehow almost in love already.

Natasha relished the sound of (Y/N)'s sensual voice as she sang to what seemed like only her, before getting back into the rest of the song and sacrificing herself to the music once again.

Once (Y/N) had finished, the few remaining party members had begged for more and so she completed singing two more songs until it was just the Avengers and their close friends remaining.

The band packed up and so did (Y/N) feeling rather awkward at the silence that filled the room, other than the close friends chatter.

She tilted her head up to get the last of her water out of the bottle. Her throat still stung afterwards, but as she looked down she saw that Natasha was standing in front of her.

(Y/N) almost chocked on what little water she had drunk upon seeing the beautiful woman in front of her.

"Another drink?" Natasha offered the girl her drink. She thanked her and poured it down her throat, enjoying the soothing feeling it left.

"Thanks" (Y/N) said handing the empty glass back.

"Great performance, Bucky loved it. Steve not so much but thats more based on the songs than you" (Y/N) laughed at Natasha's comment.

"Well maybe I'll sing something more his taste next time" she replied with a grin on her face.

"Well Tony is having a party next weekend too" Natasha informed, Tony wasn't having a party, but the assassin would make him if it meant she got to spend time with the singer again.

"I've got a job the night before so my voice will need to rest. It's been an honour singing for you guys though"

"Oh I didn't mean to sing. Just come, think of it as a date" Nat smirked cheekily at (Y/N)s now very flustered state.

"A-a date? With you?" She confirmed.

"Unless you're not into girls"

"No- I mean uh yeah, fuck I'm so awkward" she muttered under her breath, Natasha laughed finding the whole ordeal rather cute "women are great- I- women. Love them" she managed to stutter out. (Honestly same)

"I'll take that as a yes" Natasha laughed.

"Yes!" (Y/N) said a little too quick. Natasha placed a soft kiss on her cheek before wishing her a goodnight.