So Hold Me Then (Loki Laufeyson)

Loki Laufeyson X Reader

Warnings: it's short but sweet except not really that sweet

------------------------------------------------------------------

Loki had been avoiding his girlfriend. (Y/N) had spent the last three nights waiting for him to arrive in their bedroom, but he never did. She spent the days desperately searching the tower for him, knowing it was no use looking for the God of Mischief and lies.

She tiptoed into the library where he was sat reading. He laid eyes on the beautiful girl, taking in her every detail as if he'd never see her again before standing up. He was midway through disappearing from (Y/N)'s sight when she grasped his wrist.

"Loki, please" her voice came out as a sob, it was so broken. Loki looked down at her not knowing if he should feel love, guilt or sympathy. Maybe all three.

(Y/N) saw the familiar green-gold glow of his magic and she braced herself for him leaving her once again, only to find the light embrace her. She took in her new surroundings, their bedroom.

She turned to look at the raven haired man in front of her, her hand still grasping his wrist. She searched his eyes for some sign of emotion, he was good at hiding it, but she was better. Guilt, his eyes were filled with guilt and regret.

"Why?" She asked.

"To what are you referring" Loki asked tearing himself from her grip and averting his eyes. He spun on his heels and walked towards the huge window that lined one of the bedroom walls.

"It's been three days Loki. You're supposed to love me, so why?" (Y/N) repeated her voice rising in volume as anger began to course through her veins.

"I never loved you" he spat, too afraid to turn around and look her in the eyes.

"Don't lie to me!" She screamed, a broken sob escaping her lips. "Tell me why damnit!"
Loki turned back to her so swiftly that she jumped slightly.

"BECAUSE I AM A MONSTER!" he roared, (Y/N) violently shook her head in disagreement as tears pooled into her eyes and then back out and down her cheeks.
"I don't deserve forgiveness! And then I got you" the word rolled of his tongue like venom. "I got you and it was like someone gave me all of the nine realms! What does one do when they can hold everything in their hands" his voice dropped to a whisper. (Y/N) reached a hand out to him and he flinched away lifting his gaze from the floor.
"You're life is so fleeting, SO INSIGNIFICANT! You're here for a heartbeat!" His voice fluctuated as emotions spun through his head.

What was he supposed to feel? Love, pain, anger, hate, sympathy? And if so, for who?

"YOU'RE LIFE IS MEANINGLESS AND I DON'T WANT TO LOSE YOU!" He yelled, tears of his own now running down his cheeks. (Y/N) understood. She shared his fears, she didn't want to lose him, she didn't want to leave him. She'd live forever out of sheer stubbornness if she had to. Even so this didn't alleviate her anger.

"SO HOLD ME THEN!" she screamed, her voice loud enough to challenge that of all the nine realms. "so hold me then" she said again, her voice had dropped to that broken whisper that broke Loki's heart. Her head hung down and she scrunched her toes into the carpet, before un-scrunching them. She repeated the action not too sure what to do with herself, not sure if she could even look at Loki right now.

Loki hesitated before doing as told. He strode across the room and wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close as silent tears ran down his face and she sobbed into his chest.

They stayed like that, both of them scared they'd break the spell they were under. So they stayed in that position, in that feeling. The moment becoming a mix of overwhelming love and happiness, while also being one of so much sadness and fear it would make everything else they've been though seem fleeting, insignificant and meaningless. Everything their relationship was not. They had a love that would last forever, but just for now they treasured the moment as if it were the last they'd have together.