I Don't Know What I'd Do Without You (Wanda Maximoff)

Wanda Maximoff X Reader

Warnings: this chapter took soooo long to write because I didn't know how to go about it, it's okay to take days off for your mental health, take care of yourselves

I'm gonna be honest, I don't like this chapter. This chapter has only been edited once so expect mistakes. I will be uploading another chapter to make up for this sad excuse.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"wandaaaa" (Y/N) whined as she rolled over in bed.

Steve snatched her hand and attempted to drag her from the bed. She tightened her hand around the headboard in a vice like grip.

"You have to train (Y/N)" he grumbled "Wanda can't get you out of it"

"But I'm sickkkk, Wanda tell him I'm sick. Tony won't even come near me, I'm so sick" (Y/N) complained, Steve gave her arm another yank and she fell out of the bed taking a piece of the headboard with her.

"Thanks Rogers now I have to buy them a new bed" Tony said from the hallway.

"Tony tell him I'm sick" she whined.

"She's not sick, she's fine" Tony stated.

(Y/N) wasn't sick, physically. Mentally she wasn't doing great, she had no motivation to do anything other than sit and cry. Not wanting anyone to see her cry she'd be holding the tears back and using her childishness to draw away from the fact that she wasn't fine.

"Tonyyyyy why do you hate meeee" she whined at him, he just shrugged.

Wanda furrowed her eyebrows, (Y/N) never wanted to work out, but she'd been arguing about it for half an hour now.

"Can I speak to her for a moment?" Wanda asked. Steve huffed, but released her arm and walked out the room taking Tony with him. Wanda shut the door behind them and sat down on the floor next to (Y/N) who had now begun to cry.

As soon as she saw the tears falling from (Y/N)'s eyes she knew what was wrong. Getting up she marched to the door and pulled it open to see Steve and Tony both trying to listen in.

"She's not training today" Wanda stated.

"What? You didn't even talk to her" Steve protested.

"I said she's not training today" Wanda repeated glaring at the men. Catching on Tony nodded in understanding before dragging steve away and explaining that (Y/N) wouldn't be training due to her mental health.

Wanda made her way back into the room and wordlessly pulled (Y/N) off the floor, using her powers to help. She guided the crying woman to the bathroom where she sat her on the lid of the toilet so she wasn't out of her sight while she ran a bath.

Content with the water temperature Wanda hummed a Sokovian lullaby as she poured some lavender bubble bath into the water. She then helped (Y/N) into the bath. Still humming she washed her girlfriends (H/C) hair.

(Y/N) stopped crying at some point during the bath and began to relax into Wanda's touch as her dainty hands glided through her hair.

After the bath Wanda helped (Y/N) out and wrapped her in a fluffy towel before speaking to her for the first time during this encounter.

"You can't stay in the room all day" she hummed softly as she patted her hair dry. (Y/N) let out a whine of protest.
"You know I'm right" Wanda added, sighing (Y/N) agreed.

Wanda guided her out to the bedroom and picked out some clothes for her. Track pants , a t-shirt and one of her own hoodies so (Y/N) could be surrounded by Wanda's scent all-day long, even when Wanda had to go get something for her.

After (Y/N) was dressed Wanda guided her out the room and too the common room. Silence fell over the room when they entered causing (Y/N) to shift uncomfortably and tighten her grip on Wanda's hand.

Giving (Y/N)'s hand light squeeze, Wanda pulled up the hood of the hoodie and placed a soft kiss on the tip of her girlfriends nose.

Now better hidden from sight (Y/N) kept her eyes trained on the floor as Wanda guided her to the kitchen.

Leftover mac and cheese was pulled from the fridge and heated up. (Y/N) remained in the kitchen, not yet ready to face the rest of the group as she ate.

"Thank you" she mumbled in-between mouthfuls. Wanda smiled at her.

"Any time" she placed a kiss on (Y/N)'s cheek. After food had been eaten (Y/N) took a deep breath and allowed Wanda to lead her to the living room. She sat her next to Tony and then placed herself on (Y/N)'s other side.

"If you're up to it, I was thinking laser tag. Take your mind of off things" he asked, quite enough so only (Y/N) and Wanda could hear.

"You can say no" Wanda remained (Y/N).

"It sounds fun, but only if I'm on your team" she said, Tony and Wanda smiled.

Tony got up from his seat, clapping his hands together to grab the attention of the group.

"Get your shit together, we're going out for laser tag" he announced. Everyone jumped into action and ran to get ready.

~

Arriving at the laser tag place (Y/N) had been fine, feeling better even. But now that the game was in full swing she was nervous and couldn't find Wanda.

Panic began to swell in her chest and she forced herself of off the floor.

Just find Wanda

She repeated the phrase in her head like a mantra. Pushing herself round walls and under archways she finally stumbled upon someone, not Wanda but someone. She reached out to them.

"Is Wanda-shit" she mumbled as the panic attack began to grow.

"Hey I've got you" Tony assure as he took one of her hands in his "you just hold on and we'll go find Wanda"

"Okay" she breathed out and tightened her grip on his hand. By the time Tony had managed to track down Wanda, (Y/N)'s hand was gripped.so.tightly onto his that it hurt.

"(Y/N) what happened?" Wanda exclaimed, immediately taking (Y/N) from Tony and giving him a look of silent thanks.

"It's was loud and bright and sorry" (Y/N) fumbled. Wanda pulled her laser tag equipment off and then tugged (Y/N)'s off. Scooping up both sets she made way to the exit with (Y/N).

Once outside of the dark room Wanda sat (Y/N) down at a table and began rubbing soothing circles on her back. She lent her head against Wanda's shoulder and reached for her spare hand, once it was in her grasp she located the pulse point and laid her fingers over it.

With every breath she took, she could feel herself calming down to the soothing rythm of her girlfriends blood pumping through her body, Wanda's heart keeping both of them alive and she wondered how she did it, how she had the energy to take care of not only herself but also another human. It didn't matter (Y/N) was just greatful that she did.

Content that she was calm enough (Y/N) pulled her head up and pecked Wanda's lips.

"I don't know what I do with our you" she mumbled.