04

Sams POV

beep beep beep

I groaned and rolled over to my phone, someone was calling me. I picked up my phone and my eyes squinted because of the bright screen.

I looked at the contact name, Kat❤️

I sighed and clicked the green button. "Hello?" I croaked.

"Hey Sam...did I wake you up?" she asked.

"Yeah kind of..." I mumbled into the phone.

"Oh i'm sorry...can we meet at chipotle?" She asked. "You didn't stay the night?" I asked.

"No I took a cab home." She said.

"Oh. Uh yeah I can meet you let me get dressed" I say.

"Okay. Thank you"

"Uh huh. Uh love you bye" I saw awkwardly remembering how she was all over Colby last night.

"Bye-" call ended

That was weird...

___________

I parked at the chipotle driveway and saw Kat standing by her car.

I took a deep breath and opened my car door and got out.

"Hey babe" I say shutting the car door and start walking towards her.

"Sam um...listen you're a really really really great person and you have the best personality. I cannot believe that we've been together for so many years." She says.

Where is this going...

"Sam thank you for giving me such an amazing relationship. I will always love you but I think we both know that...there's just...not a strong connection anymore." She says with tears in her eyes and fiddling with her thumbs.

"Oh Kat..." I say

"I-i'm sorry for being all over Colby last night. I was drunk and I- I didn't know what I was-" She started until I cut her off.

"Kat. I understand. Trust me I- I do. I mean I can't blame you because Colby is-" I stopped myself.

What was I saying?

She laughed with tears dripping down her face.

"I know Sam. The way you look at him it's just so...beautiful. You're eyes light up when he laughs. You're cheeks turn a roses red when he talks to you I- I know." She says.

I don't do this stuff?? Really? Do I?!

"K-Kat I-" I had no idea what to say. I don't like Colby like that- hes my best friend? Right?

"Thank you for everything Sam. But I think we need to part our ways." She says smiling.

I only nod as she pulls me into a hug.

Shortly, we both let go. "Bye Sam. I hope we can still be friends." She says and gets in her car.

"Yeah we can. Bye Kat" I say with tears going down my face, smiling.

She drives off and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and close my eyes, leaning against my car.

I just start balling for some reason. Yes she was right our connection wasn't strong anymore but I- I loved her.

I soon heard a car pull up next to me, I didn't want a stranger to see me crying so I turned around and put my hands on the car trying to calm myself down.

"Sam?"