09

sorry i haven't updated -

Sams POV

Me and Colby were in the car driving to the beach. It was dark outside but it felt nice. We had the windows down.

The wind was breezy and a little cold but that was fine with us because it's usually hot.

I looked out the window while the song "Mr Loverman" played quietly on the radio.

"You alright?" Colby asked.

I look at him and smile.

"Yeah i'm okay" I say and look back out the window. Colby smiles.

•••

It took time but eventually we got to the beach. Me and Colby got out and shut the car doors, locking them.

We took our shoes off and started to walk into the sand. Colby brought a blanket he had in the backseat.

Soon we got the a nice spot sort of close to the water. There were some other people at the beach but far from us.

Colby laid the blanket down on the sand and we both sat on it looking at the night sky, taking in the cold air, listening to crashing waves of the ocean.

Me and Colby were really close.

•••

It's been maybe thirty minutes and me and Colby are just talking about life, i'll be honest. I see why everyone loves him. I see why I love him.

Colby has laughed at something I previously said.

Soon it got silent.

Colby looked over at me. "Sam?" He asked.

I looked at him confused. "Yeah?" I say.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry I haven't been as close with you as I normally am. And to be honest when I saw Mike comforting you I...well I got jealous. Because when I saw you to, ya know, cuddling I just thought of the times we used to do that and watch movies together. I miss how close we were."

Colby says and sighs afterword.

"Colby, don't be jealous silly! Mike is an amazing friend, but you're my best friend. I wouldn't pick anyone else over you. And since we're talking about our feelings, I really really" I stopped for a moment to think about this.

"You what?" Colby said.

I looked at him. "I really like you Colby. And not just in a best friend type of way. I actually like you. And i'm sorry. I know you're straight and you obviously like Amber but I can't help myself." I say.

Colby's eyes sparkled.

"Sam- I - woah. I mean I didn't expect that" Colby laughed.

I smiled just glad he wasn't mad.

Colby leans slightly over and places his hand on my cheek.

"Don't be sorry Sam. I don't know about my sexuality yet and me and Amber, we're just friends." He says softly. I smile at him.

Soon enough I feel our lips touch. I was shocked, really really shocked. But I liked it. I calmed down after a few seconds and melt into his soft lips.

It was nice. It was. It was...loving.

but does he mean this?