Chapter 1 - New adventure

Dipper has loved mysteries since he was a child. Not only did he adore them, but he literally lived them. How many evenings did he spend flipping through his great-uncle Ford's journal? How many days did he try to solve the riddles and mysteries around him? The answer is simple: sometimes away too much.

This fondness for mystery remained with him even as he grew up. He wanted to solve all the mysteries of the world, achieve great discoveries and most importantly live a life full of adventure and adrenaline.

However, when he reached the point where he had to decide what to study in college, he had some trouble deciding which major would fit him the best. He often thought about studying English, cryptology, or anthropology. After a long decision, he decided to try archaeology. Why archaeology? Well, because Ford worked as an archaeologist. He often told Dipper and Mabel about his work, journeys, and discoveries he had during his stay in Egypt.

Already after the first semester, he found out that he had made a good decision. The combination of history, learning hieroglyphs, and the practice of digging up old artifacts was exactly the right cup of coffee for Dipper. Now that he had graduated as a fresh 22-year-old adult, he could finally embark on his lifelong dream.

He couldn't wait to solve all the mysteries hidden in the ancient tombs and temples that were just waiting to be discovered.

But little does he know that one of these mysteries would lead him to the greatest adventure he had ever dreamed of...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"When will we be there? I might melt from the heat at any moment! " Mabel said annoyed behind me. She was sitting in the back seat of our jeep, constantly leaning out of the window. Not that there's much to see outside around us. All around is just a desert full of sand and rocks. Not to mention that it is incredibly hot here. Summer in Gravity Falls was nothing to compare to this. But what do you expect in the middle of the Sahara, right?

I sigh, "We should arrive at the ruins in 30 minutes. You can handle that, can't you? "Mabel just shook her head and drank some water. "But it's so hot! How much is it, 45 degrees Celsius? " She wasn't too far from the truth.

"If the heat bothers you so much, then I don't understand why you wanted to come with us so much." I turned to her and took the bottle from her hand so I could have a drink as well. "Come on, bro-bro! You know I have always wanted to see your and grunkle's work. And when else do you have a chance to visit Egypt? Too bad Pacifica couldn't come with us and had to take care of the preparations for the wedding. She would definitely like it here. Maybe we could go on a honeymoon here. Hehe. " She giggled and took a picture of very distant pyramids, which we passed.

That's right. My sister is finally getting married.

I'm so happy for her. When we went to Gravity Falls every summer as kids, Mabel always tried to flirt with boys. Unfortunately, it usually ended badly. Although neither I nor Mabel liked Pacifica very much, Mabel has developed a somewhat strong special relationship with her over the years. Slowly, they became friends, and over time something much more.

When she announced their engagement about 8 months ago, I wasn't quite surprised. Pacifica comes from a wealthy family, and although her parents are not exactly the most representative, she is a very nice and kind person. The two are perfect for each other.

As for me and romantic relationships... um, it's the opposite case.

As a 12-year-old, I had a crush on 15-year-old Wendy, who worked as a cashier at my grunkle's Mystery Shack. But it never worked out between us.

"Don't worry, Dip-Dop, I'm sure you'll find someone. I promise! "Mabel often told me. She tried many times to set a blind date for me, but it never worked out.

When I started to go to college, I somehow found out that I like boys better. When I told Mabel about it, she was excited about me. She supports me, no matter what. Mabel is the best sister in the world.

"By the way," Mabel interrupted me suddenly from my thoughts, "what kind of ruins are these? You've been working on them with Ford for over three months, right? "

Grunkle Ford, who had been driving all along, nodded. "This is where the Golden Tomb of Pharaoh Cipher is supposed to be located. It is almost unbelievable that they permitted us to carry out excavations there. So far, we have only uncovered a few walls and columns, but if we manage to find the entrance to the tomb, it will certainly be the greatest discovery of this century! "

Ford is right.

Finding the Golden Tomb is every archaeologist's dream. I have heard of the Golden Tomb several times during my university studies.

It is the tomb of the famous pharaoh who lived 2,100 years ago. It is said that the inside of it is made entirely of gold and keeps all the jewels and treasures that Pharaoh obtained during his reign.

However, there is also a legend around the tomb.

Legend has it that if someone tries to enter the tomb, they will be cursed and will never get out of there. I don't know what is true about that legend, but it definitely aroused my interest in discovering it.

If grunkle Stan had heard of it, he would certainly want to join us as well. He was always interested in money, and only the word "gold" would get his attention.

Ford, on the other hand, preferred knowledge and the opportunity to learn about the history of our ancestors. Who would have thought they were so different, even though they were twins like Mabel and me.

Unfortunately, Stan never had the opportunity to visit us directly in Egypt. Due to his scams in past and false ID cards, he has been not allowed to travel by plane. That's why we tried to visit him as much as possible when we had some free time. Mabel often kept him company when Ford and I were abroad. Now our communication is based on video calls (although it took forever to teach Stan how Skype works).

I stick my head out of the car window, close my eyes, and try to enjoy the pleasant feeling of the sun on my cheeks. "Oh, look over there!" Mabel shouted. I open my eyes in shock and suddenly notice tall columns appearing in the distance. We were almost there.

Within 5 minutes, our jeep stopped and when I got out of the car, I had to cover my head with my palms so that I could see the beauty.

I was finally there... in ruins in Al Sinhaara.

Beware, the Golden Tomb, because now the Mystery Twins are coming to reveal all your secrets!

To be continued...

------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: So, what do you think about the first chapter?

I'll be happy to know your opinion about it!

Also, I apologize if you find any grammar mistakes. I am not a native English speaker so I hope you understand that.