Chapter Four

LAST NIGHT I barely slept, considering Josh was up late on his phone for God knows how long, and because I couldn't stop thinking about my 'love' for Josh, causing me to only sleep for three hours. The sound of someone's alarm causes me to react by jumping on the bed, groggily.

"Nice reflex," Josh chuckles.

"Don't even try to laugh when you're the reason why I woke up. Why'd you even set an alarm?"

"Because it's the first day of college," he says as he ties his shoelaces.

I throw the covers open. "What?"

"Relax," Josh chuckles. "It's a joke―college starts tomorrow."

"What the fuck, Josh!" I throw a pillow at him, aimlessly.

"Ow!" he whines. "That hurt!"

"Yeah, right," I say, settling back in my covers.

"Also, I didn't know you curse," he adds.

"You don't know a lot of stuff," I say, staring at the wall right next to my bed, "about me."

"But I'd love to," he insists, walking closer to me. I can feel his presence towering over me, causing a shiver down my spine, so, I turn around only to catch him staring at my back.

"Why were you staring at my back?" I gasp.

His eyes heighten to mine and he stutter: "I-I wasn't."

"Mhm," I study him, wondering why he even was looking at my back. "Shouldn't you be hanging out with your friends, or something?"

"They haven't showed up to campus yet."

I raise an eyebrow. "Then, who'd you hang out with yesterday?" 

"T- Those were my other friends," he quickly replies.

"Other friends?" I repeat.

"Yeah. Anyways, I was wondering if I could give a tour of the campus to you, since you're a freshman and all. Of course you could decline the offer, but I think it would really help you, since this is your first year and all." His eyes beam with hope and I scrunch my eyebrows.

"You do realize you just acknowledged I'm a freshman twice, right?" I bite my lip, in an attempt to not burst out in laughter. 

He nods his head. "Yeah, I know, but whaddya say?" I can tell by his face that he won't be taking 'no' for an answer, so I nod my head.

"Yeah, why not? I mean, I don't have any plans for today, and, I guess, I could―"

As soon as the words slip out of my mouth, Josh's face beams with joy. "Thank you, thank you! You won't regret this!" He flings his arms around me, instantly making contact with my skin, sending chills down my spine.

Oh God, I think to myself. What have I gotten myself into?