Chapter Thirteen

AFTER MISSING ECONOMICS class, which Emma had reminded me about at four PM in the morning when I was sulking in my depths of my kiss with Josh, Emma had offered to come over, which I had politely declined, and resulted in her coming over, anyways, and treating me out to pizza since I 'treated' her out for Indian food last night. 

Which is where I am, by the way―in a pizza place, when I can be sulking some more in my dorm room, where, mind you, Josh will never come near after what just happened. "You're still thinking about him," Emma's question comes more out of a comment, and I figure it's because she's already been through a 'break-up'. I nod my head. "Honey, he's not worth your time."

"Says you," I say, and she raises an eyebrow. "You weren't even there to witness it."

"I know, but―" she sighs, setting the pizza down. "Your right, I wouldn't know, but would it hurt to let me take your mind off of him for a while?"

"It's not like we broke up our something," I pout, and she nods her head in agreement.

"But you're making it sound like it is," Emma says, taking another bite of the pizza. She watches me, watching her take a bite, and moves the pizza platter towards me. "You know this whole pizza isn't just for me, right?" I nod my head, silently. She settles down her pizza. "Alright, if you're really going to do down that path, then we'll talk about it."

I scrunch my eyebrows. "What path?" 

"Don't be fooling around with me, Advi," she says, brushing off the crumbs on her jeans, and I scrunch my eyebrows. "Seriously? Damn, you really are a dating virgin."

"Hey! I heard that that!" I inform her, and she rolls her eyes.

"I know."

"Your mean," I comment.

"I know that too."

There's a moment of silence as I intake that in. "Sorry," I murmur.

She giggles. "It's okay―I can handle it. I'm a boss bitch, and imma show you how to be one too." This gets my attention, since I, desperately, want to get my mind off Josh. "So tell me everything that happened."

I scrunch my eyebrows. "I did." 

She raises an eyebrow. "Everything?" 

"So, the past fifteen minutes were pointless?" She nods her head, and I groan. "Ugh, fine! Well, he showed up at the dorm, a-after, well," I pause, recollecting why I even came crying to the dorm room, and I sneak a look at Emma. Does she know?

"Well?" she asks.

"Well, I, uh, came to the dorm because I was sleepy, and, well, you know, Josh came soon after, and I confronted him, and we kissed. Well, we didn't kiss, our lips slightly brushed, but then after that he left and―"

"Wait, but I thought you were sleeping?" Emma challenges.

I bite my lip. Why does this girl gotta be on my case? "He was making a lot of racket, coming to the dorm and all."

"So, he finally came back?" Emma asks with glee.

"Yes, no, I-I don't know! Why does it matter? I thought we were talking about me!"

"Yeah, but I'm just surprised that Josh came back."

I squint my eyes at her. "Why do you care so much?"

"I-I don't," she says taking a sip of her water. 

"Really?" I challenge her. She takes her time to drink the water before responding.

"I'm just thinking, since you were saying he was in a hurry and everything, and he didn't show up the past two days, I think, maybe he, purposefully, came back for you?" 

I digest that information while drinking down a whole glass of water. "F- For me?" I gulp down the water and Emma nods her head.

"And I mean I'm sure he had a logical reason for leaving, right?" Her eyes shimmer with hope, and I slightly nod my head. "Okay, well, how about this―who initiated the kiss?" 

"Well, it wasn't really a―" Emma arches an eyebrow, and I correct myself. "He did."

She smiles. "Exactly." I scrunch my eyebrows, not entirely convinced. "If he initiated the kiss that means he really likes you... unless you don't like him." Her eyes wander to the pizza.

"No, no, I do!" I practically shout, and lower my voice. "I do."

She, simply, nods her head. "And I'm sure he had a logical reason for leaving you."

"You already said that," I state and she giggles. 

"Right. I forgot." I don't even have time to accept her 'apology' as my brain is already wrapped around the fact that maybe Josh does like me. Maybe that's why my heart started thumping the second he showed up at the door, but that still doesn't explain why he ran off like that. 

Emma is right; he better have a logical explanation.