Chapter Fifteen

a/n: pic of ava miller's sorority house is above! damn―they're pretty rich. idk abt u, but i would wanna live there... not, i, actually, prefer living in small complexes, like apartments, so i would live in advika's dorm w her!!

AS WE PULL up to Ava's Sorority house, I can't help, but feel a, desperate, desire to go back to the dorm and eat ice cream―preferably cookies n cream―from the carton while watching The Middle, which I, now, doubt is even on Netflix.  "Wow," I comment as I step out of Emma's Acura.

"Right?" Emma says, following me up to the house. The house starts with a large pathway paved toward the house before introducing the elegant, modern-like house. "But do you even know what's better? Your dress!" she squeals, not even waiting for me to ask her. As much as the house is big, I have to admit, the dress is better. It feels like it was honestly designed specifically for me with the diamond-like jewelry 'dots' trailing down the dress along with―my favorite color―lavender as the background (of the dress).  

"Thanks," I blush, "but you look flattering."

"Stop feeling the need to comment on others clothing! You're the most prettiest―and sexist―girl here, and you know it!" Emma hypes me up, by saying. "But thank you," she adds and I smile. As soon as we step up the staircase (to the entrance), Emma, before, reaching for the door handle. "You ready?"

I smirk. "I was born ready." Whatever amazement she has, she hides, but, I, for one, do show it, amazed at how genuine and confident that sounded. She winks at me before opening the door, and, to my amazement, a lot of people are there. Well, there should be, considering the mile walk Emma and I had to, basically, hike to get here. 

The smell of alcohol reeks as I push through the crowd of people, suddenly getting recaps of the sweaty hallways in High School and the fear of crowds, agoraphobia, hits me, until we get to the pool in the back. Inhaling, what's soon going to be infested with alcohol smell, I turn to Emma, who seems to be having a fun time. She notices me looking at her, and proceeds to ask me a question. "Having fun?" I nod my head, a little, before shaking my head. She scans the crowd of people before looking at me. "How about I get us some drinks?" 

Seeing how ecstatic Emma seems, I shake my head, not willing to ruin her vibe. "I'll get it myself."

"Okay," she grins, "I'll just take water!" I nod my head, reluctantly, and go find where the drinks are even though I'm not even thirsty. I can tell Emma's not thirsty either by the way she's partying, so, instead I just wander around the room. I don't really have any intention on specifically doing anything, but my curiosity takes the best of me as I roam around the huge house. Because Ava's the 'head' of the sorority, I'm assuming her room's the largest, so, I decide to start there, shoving past the crowd of people as I make my way to the third floor (bed rooms). 

Examining the several long hallways (I'm in the middle of), I realize it's kind of hard to pinpoint the exact location of Ava's bedroom, so, I decide it won't hurt to take my time to find her room. Especially since it seems like I'll be staying for here for a few hours because Emma seems to be having such a good time―especially because of that. 

I start by roaming around the hallway on my left, looking for any names on the doors, but as I walk even further, I realize there seem to be less doors with names on them, which, not only, causes me to lose tracks of how many rooms I've passed, but also, harder to identify Ava's room. 

With that in mind, I decide to open the doors instead, figuring it can't hurt. The first time I open a door, I hesitate, at first, wondering what's in store for me―like a monster from a scary movie, or something―but, surprisingly, no one's there in the room except for a giant stuffed teddy bear, which seems to be staring right at me, but other than that nothing really 'excites' me.

It's boring to the extent that I prefer being downstairs with all the sweaty people, as I open the preferably last door, which, if I might add, I have no hesitation in opening, but as soon as I do, I regret it as I see a brown haired guy leaning against the wall with a girl in front of him. I don't even take time to process anything since I'm invested in the brown haired guy's familairity.

"Josh?" I ask, trying to make him out in the dim light. 

The guy, suddenly, looks up and his face turns red. "Advika?" The girl that's in front of him turns around to spot me, and my heart does a double-take as I take in the girl's dark brown hair.

"S- Sophie?"

"Advika, no!" Josh says, pushing Sophie away from him. "It's not like that!" I'm too busy to hear what he has to say as I run down the stairs as fast as I can, probably beating Usain Bolt's record, and my heart paces back and forth. The tears haven't even formed yet, and I'm already starting to feel numb. It's funny, though, because I'm not even mad at Josh for hooking up with Sophie, or whatever, I'm mad that he hadn't even bothered to acknowledge our kiss.

Had our kiss really meant nothing?