Chapter Seventeen

a/n: filler chapter ig.

THE WALK BACK home, surprisingly, lasts longer than usual, which, I blame on the kissing, but as we walk closer to the house, I realize it's not―especially since Josh isn't saying anything. Is this kiss wrong too? "Josh," I start as we're on the driveway. 

His eyes are somewhere else (probably admiring the house just like I was earlier). "Hm?"

The feeling of addressing his silence comes to my head as I open my mouth. "I―"

"Advika!" Emma screams as she comes running towards me. 

"Emma? Careful, you can have serious injuries in that dress!" I had totally forgotten she was still here!

"W-Where have you..." her voice trails off as she sees Josh, and she slowly stops running. All of a sudden, Josh starts acting all weird-like and checks his watch.

"I-I gotta go," he says, as he scratches his neck.

"We just got here," I proclaim. Emma turns my head to her view. "What?" I ask her, short-tempered, but she just remains solemn.

"What'd you guys do?"

                                                         ***

I SHOULD'VE KNOWN why Emma was acting up, but I would've never had guessed this. "He's gay?!" I shout out.

"Keep it down," Emma motions with her hands as her eyes circulate the pizza parlor. I follow her gaze, wondering why the hell she even brought us to a pizza place―I mean, out of all the places, why a pizza parlor? But as I inspect the crowd, even more, I realize they're all Senior Citizens (they could care less). Emma and her stupid smart brain!

I lower my voice. "So you're saying I kissed a gay guy?" Emma nods her head. "And, why do you think that?"

Emma bites her lip. "Well, because..."

"Because what?" I ask her, demanding to know. 

"Because his brother's gay, that's what!" she practically screams. 

"He what?" I scream, this time, not even caring about all the stares we're getting. "But, even so, you can't just assume a person's sexual identity by their siblings." At this, Emma nods her head.

"I know, I know, but that's why I have evidence," she says and I wrinkle my eyebrows. "He's the one who actually supported my break-up with Matt." There's a moment of silence.

"And you're saying because of that he's gay?" She nods her head, and I look at her ballasticly. "You can't just assume that! For all we know, he probably has some bad blood with Matt!"

Emma's face turns solemn. "Y-You know?"

"Know what?" I ask, scrunching my eyebrows.

"What exactly happened out there?"

"Did I not just tell you earlier?" I groan, and she shakes her head.

"I forgot."