IX. Hot Chocolate

CHAPTER NINE: HOT CHOCOLATE

Ellie had screwed up.

That much was obvious, but it didn't really hit her that hard until she got bored.

During the school year, Ellie had always relied on the Stoll brothers for practical jokes and having something to do after classes.

Now, neither boy would either look her way.

After Connor had left her on the dock, he must have told Travis what had happened. Travis gave her resentful looks whenever he passed by her, which always succeeded to make her bottom lip tremble. She never even saw Connor, he avoided her at all costs. It was heartbreaking to watch him creep around buildings to avoid her.

Her cabin was built only a few days after, thank god.

Designed by the architect, Annabeth Chase, the cabin had magical paint that can change the exterior color just by touching it. The cabin is four modules, back-to-back with two on each side, and has four entrances. The cabin also has a slanted roof and high ceilings. The cabin can be rearranged and moved as desired, the module can be as big or small as it needs to be. More campers can fit into the same amount of space as a regular cabin with more privacy and better accommodations.

Somehow, Ellie knew there would be no other campers joining her. So it remained a relatively small cabin, but she didn't mind. It gave it a homey vibe to it.

Annabeth had wanted to go all out on the inside, like she had with the rest of the new minor god cabins, but Ellie wanted to keep it simple.

There was a common area in the front of the cabin, a place to sit and relax. There was storage space behind it, for her clothes, armor, and weapons. A narrow staircase leans against the back wall that leads up to the loft, where she had requested a single king bed and extra built-in storage underneath the stairs.

As beautiful as the cabin was, it was empty besides her. She had grown used to the bustling Hermes cabin that was bursting at it's seams. There had always been someone to talk to or play around with. That had usually been Travis and Connor for the girl, but they were not on talking terms.

There had been plenty of moments where Ellie wanted to burst out her cabin dramatically, and announce her love her for him. How nothing could keep them apart, not even death.

She did no such thing.

She stayed cooped up in her cabin most of the school months, coming out for dinner and campfires. Now, she sat alone at dinner. Percy's idea had to bring everyone together, but she couldn't help feel pushed even further away from the campers as she ate dinner alone.

She trained a lot. It was one of the only things that kept her busy, because if she let her mind wander during parring with Clarisse, she was a dead woman.

She stayed close with a few campers, Malcolm, Clarisse, Nyssa, and Will. Even then, she wouldn't claim herself 'close' with them.

Even now, she was lying in her loft, sprawled out on her king bed alone.