XXXIII. See You Later Loser

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE: SEE YOU LATER LOSER

Ellie's favorite day of the week was Thursday

Thursday's was Racing Day. That meant they got to race on the Climbing Wall, and they even got to pick their partners.

Ellie was bursting with excitement that morning at breakfast. She had used to sit at breakfast with Nico at the Hades table, since he sat alone as well. But since he had started dating Will Solace, Ellie was finally able convince Chiron to let her rejoin the Hermes cabin during meals.

She was eating her cereal, almost bouncing up and down with excitement. She had her hair tied up, her fire-proof armor (thanks to Nyssa) was strapped crookedly to her torso. The fire-proof part of the armor had worn off after the fifth or sixth time she had fallen off a few years ago, but it still provided relatively light but protective armor. She was completely awake, ready to take on the day.

The Stoll brothers walked onto the pavilion, looking almost hungover. Both of their hair was sticking up in all directions, their faces looked like they woke up seconds ago. Travis went to get breakfast, while Connor plopped down into the seat beside Ellie.

His shirt was only half on, exposing part of his chest. It caused her to blush. Slight jealousy caught hold of her as she noticed some of the Aphrodite campers staring at his torso as well. She pulled it down.

"Morning, babe," He said in a deep morning voice, planting a kiss to her cheek. His eyes were half open, squinting at the morning sun.

"Are you excited?" She burst, smiling wide. "Today's the Climbing Wall Race!"

Connor yawned. "I'll be there cheering you on, don't worry."

Ellie frowned. "Connor, you said you'd do it with me."

Connor's eyes widened as he remembered two nights ago, he had promised to be her opponent if she kissed him again. He internally cursed. "Uh, I'm just messing with you, babe. Can I have your apple?"

Ellie grinned again, handing him her untouched apple. She was bouncing with excitement, barely able to stay in her seat.

It warmed his heart to see her so excited. After Gaia left Camp Half Blood hill, she had put stress upon her shoulders to try to get the camp to a new normal. To see her so happy on a early Thursday morning, well, it made him just as happy. Almost happy enough to climb the Lava Wall.

"I've never seen someone so excited to fall into lava." Chris Rodriguez stated, pouring more salt onto his omelet.

"I've been training!" Ellie protested. "I've gotten really good, trust me."

Julia Feingold laughed. "Good luck, I've heard Connor is the best at the climbing wall."

Connor winked at his girlfriend, who just stuck her tongue out at him. She had been training, just as she had told Chris. An opportunity to best Connor Stoll was not something she took lightly, she was ready to beat his ass.