X. The Gray Sisters

CHAPTER TWENTY: THE GRAY SISTERS

If Ellie had learned anything during her quest so far, it was that you should always eat as much as you can before going on a deadly mission

They stopped in the closest restaurant, which happened to be quite nice. It wasn't too fancy, but it wasn't horrible. They got a table at the window. The window gave them a great view of where there was once a battleground.

They ate quietly apart from some small talk, too focused on inhaling their food, which was really good.

"So," Connor said, his mouth full of cheeseburger. "What's next?"

Ellie frowned. "I'm not too sure. We should probably hurry though, I'm not too sure how much time I have left."

Connor frowned. "Please don't say it like that. We're going to figure it out. I swear, you're not dying on my watch. I swear on the River-"

"Stop!" Ellie cried suddenly, jumping. "Don't you dare swear on that."

"Why not?" He looked sad. "If I can't save you, I'm going down beside you."

"No, you're not." Ellie said firmly. "Swear, swear, that you won't. No matter what happens, that you'll keep fighting."

"I'm not swearing that."

His words were final, and the argument ceased. The silence crept upon them, and they continued to eat quietly.

Connor gazed out the window, where a large maple tree was in view. Ellie didn't think much of it, continue to eat.

Connor seemed very intently staring at the tree, though. Ellie assumed that he was just trying to avoid her gaze after the small argument, and said nothing.

"Oh, I remember now," Connor said with a small smile. "I knew I saw that tree from somewhere."

Ellie gave him a doubtful look. "What, from your dreams?"

Connor shook his head, pointing to it through the glass. "That is Hyperion."

Ellie raised an eyebrow, but the battle slowly returned to her memory. Grover and a bunch of satyrs had turned Hyperion in a giant maple tree at the Battle of Manhattan.

"It was hilarious. Didn't he have a wife? Thea or something, right? She was the Titan goddess of shiny stuff."

For a few moments, Ellie smiled as she remembered the Titan's defeat. Then her face lit up like a Christmas tree. "That's it!" She cried. "You're a genius Connor!"

Connor seemed proud of himself, wearing his signature mischievous smirk. "Thank you, I know right. One question, uhh...why am I a genius?"

"Thea is the goddess of shiny things and gems, right?" Ellie pressed excitedly.