XV. Feared Pranking Team

CHAPTER FIFTEEN: FEARING PRANKING TEAM

Ellie woke with a pounding headache.

She let out a soft groan, moving her arm to touch her forehead, which was pounding erratically. She shifted under the sheets, tossing to the other side. Her vision was blurred, but she just rubbed her eyes, trying to focus.

When she came to, she could see a sleeping Connor Stoll, slumped against the wall uncomfortably, sitting in a wooden chair.

"Connor," She murmured softly, her voice scratchy and rough.

He shifted in his sleep, but didn't wake. She licked her lips, her chin trembling.

"Connor," She said slightly louder, her voice betraying her of speaking any higher. She held her head as her temple throbbed.

Luckily for her, Connor wasn't completely deaf. He shifted again, and his eyes pealed open. He let out a small grunt, cracking his neck as he sat up straight.

As his eyes rested on Ellie, his grogginess disappeared. He was awake instantly, jumping to the side of her bed.

"Ellie?" He spoke softly, as if he talked too loud, she would break.

She held back her tears.

"I remember." She croaked. "I-I remember."

"That's okay," Connor promised her, reaching out to her hand, but he thought about it, before only resting his hand on the bed.

"You slept on the chair?" She managed, licking her lips.

"Yeah."

"I told you come up, though."

Connor looked into her eyes. "Are you kidding? I would never take advantage of you like that."

Ellie frowned, looking down to his hand on the bed. "But I asked you?" She asked quietly.

Connor shook his head. "That's not consent. You couldn't have given consent in your state yesterday."

Ellie's eyebrows knit, blinking slow. Her head pounded still, it felt like someone was hitting her skull with a jackhammer, repeatedly. She reached out slowly, placing her hand over his.

"Will you now?" She asked, her voice just above a whisper.

"Will I what?"

"Lay next to me."

Connor's twinkling blue eyes brightened. "It would be an honor."

He climbed in slowly and carefully, not making any sudden movements. He slid underneath the covers, a safe foot away from her. They faced each other, and for a few moments, no words were spoken.

Then, the waterworks burst through.

Ellie let herself go with him, tears slipping down her cheeks.