Chapter 2: Remembrance

(Alex POV)

She is just so precious it is adorable. I was sitting inside playing peekaboo with Crystal as she jumped around looking excited. I opened my eyes and smiled looking at her. "Peekaboo I see you!" I said, smiling at Crystal as she clapped her hands. I put my eyes behind my hands then move them away smiling, again. "Peekaboo! I see you!" I said as Crystal clapped her hands again.

"Are you still playing peekaboo with Crystal." I heard Ruby said. I looked as my beautiful wife walked into the room sitting down on the couch me and Crystal were on. "Well this game really has no end and besides she looked like she enjoyed it." I said tickling Crystal, making her giggle.

Ruby then picked her up kissing her head as Crystal did her best to wrap around her mommy's arm. I then chuckled as I scooted closer to Ruby and Crystal placing a kiss on both their foreheads. "How did a woman like me get to be in a family with the two most gorgeous things in the world?" I asked. "That is for us to know and you to find out." Ruby said, chuckling.

Our moment is then interrupted as we hear the doorbell ring to our house making us look at it confused. "I wasn't expecting anyone coming by." Ruby said. Ruby was about to set up, but my hands on her shoulders sitting her down. "Don't get up, I will get it. It is probably just the neighbor boy asking to get his frisbee back because he threw it over the fence." I said standing up.

I went to the door and opened it up smiling to whoever it was. My smile didn't last long as my jaw dropped and my eyes opened wide. I look to see Azrael standing there with one of his eyes looking burned, the other closed and covered with scratches with his neck sliced open as he smirked. I then began to stumble back as he walked forward a bit. "Hello Alexander, mind if I come into your lovely home?" Azrael asked.

Before I could say anything he placed his right hand around my neck and raised me off the ground strangling me as he walked into the house. "You really thought you would see the last of me? I have been killing people since before your brother wore dippers." Azrael said, smirking, as I struggled to get out.

He then threw me back making me hit the wall. I then began to hear Crystal crying so I look at her gasping as I see the horrific sight. I look to see Ruby wearing her flighting clothes with her eyes missing, cuts and scratches across her body and with Crescent Rose logged in her chest. "You really think this is possible?" I heard someone ask.

I look at where Azrael previously was and saw Cinder there instead with her covered in blood and her holding what I imagined was Ruby's eyes. Flames erupted in Cinder's hand making Ruby's eyes melt as I gasped in horror. Cinder crushed the eyes in her hand and walked closer to me as Crystal's cries grew louder with every step Cinder took. "Did you really think you were going to live a happy life without paying for all the sins you caused?" Cinder asked.

Cinder continued walking forward as Crystal's cries grew louder making me have to cover my ears. "No, you must pay for what you have done." Cinder said. Cinder then picked me up and shoved me against the wall making me go through it as I began falling only seeing blackness except for the light originating from the hole Cinder made as she stood there with her hands on her hips.

After a while I began feeling hot as I then hit the ground making me groan. I then sat up and looked around as I saw a place that was colored red with most of it burning in fire. I looked around more as I saw four graves next to a throne floating in the air. Arms then emerged from the graves as I fell on my but as the figure began crawling out. I look to see Roman, Mark, Pyrrha and Grandma crawl out from the ground looking dead with me being able to see some parts of their skeleton in certain spots, covered in dirt and no color in the eyes.