Chapter 11: Unforeseen Complications

(3rd POV)

Leonardo Lionheart sits in his office with his head in his hands with the guilt over taking him, can't believe the things he actually agreed to do from helping Cinder and the kids sneak into Beacon to all the Huntsmen and Huntresses he had sent to their graves. Across the room Arthur Watts opens the door looking at the Headmaster of Haven. "Are we ready?" Watts asked.

Lionheart lifts his head to look at Watts as he closes the door behind him and steps into the room. A brief exchange of looks is made as Lionheart turns his head away from Watts who smirks in response. The two soon enter a secret hallway adjacent to the office and walk down the hall. While Lionheart holds his hands in fear Watts walks forward with a plain expression on his face.

At the end of the curved hallway is a circular room containing a Seer Grimm in the middle of the room. "After you." Watts said. Watts pushes Lionheart closer to the Seer Grimm. "Your Grace, are... you there?" Lionheart asked.

The red smoke-like substance contained in the head of the Seer Grimm shifts to form an image of Salem and Cinder Fall at their location in the Land of Darkness. "Hello, Leonardo. Do you have something to report?" Salem asked sitting on her throne. Salem and Cinder are also looking through a Seer Grimm to communicate with Lionheart and Watts. "Of course, ma'am. I would not waste your time, if not." Lionheart said.

Watts walks closer to this communicating type of Grimm and looks fascinated at it. "I'm still just so fascinated by this creature. Cinder dear, are we coming through?" Watts asked, tapping the Seer. "Can you see us clearly? Well, as clearly as you can." Watts said. "Shut... up." Cinder said, annoyed. "Oh goody, you've recovered." Watts said sarcastically already, dreading going back to the land of Darkness and seeing the new Fall Maiden.

"Your report. What is it?" Salem asked, wanting to get back to the topic at hand. "I've... I've found the Spring Maiden." Lionheart said. "Is that so? Well done. Arthur." Salem said, surprising Lionheart as they both turned towards the doctor. "Had I known how useful you'd be in expediting this process, I would've sent you long, long ago." Salem said. "As much as I'd love to take credit, ma'am, I can't say that either of us are to thank for this development. I guess you could say, a little birdie told us." Watts said.

"Explain." Salem commanded the Headmaster. "You see, ma'am, Qrow Branwen arrived at Haven Academy earlier today. He believes Spring has taken residence with his sister's tribe." Lionheart said. "Ah so it looks like Lilith's information was correct." Salem said. "Are... the girls... with him?" Cinder asked, clenching her hand into a fist. "Yes, Miss Rose and Novach were in attendance." Watts said.

"And you know of the tribe's location?" Salem asked. "Yes ma'am! But you have to hurry! Qrow is already at odds with my-" Lionheart said until he was stopped mid sentence. Salem makes a face of annoyed concentration and in response one of the Seer Grimm's tentacles shoots out to wrap around Lionheart's throat and choke him. "Leonardo, do you remember the first time we met? I remember. I remember your fear. But, since that day, you've been extraordinarily brave. I won't forget all that you've done for me. Do not forget everything that I can do to you." Salem warned the old Huntsman.

The Seer Grimm slowly brings the point of another tentacle close to the face of Lionheart before drawing it back. Within the orb of the Seer Grimm, Salem makes a gesture, and the tentacle simultaneously releases him from the chokehold. Lionheart coughs and gasps for breath.

"Cinder, after I send Lilith to make sure the tribe does in fact have the Maiden as Qrow thinks they do, you and your team will meet with Doctor Watts, and together, convince Raven Branwen that the survival of her people depends on her cooperation. Once you have Spring under control, escort her to the Relic and contact Hazel. The White Fang was promised the destruction of Haven, and they'll have it once we have what we need." Salem said. "Understood." Watts said.