Chapter 15: A Royal Flush Part 1

That was exhausting! "Can't believe it took that long to just find water in there." Weiss said as she, Jaune and I exited the store. "Well hey at least we got all the supplies so we can go back to the house." Jaune said, trying to make Weiss feel better, but the ex-heiress still looked unpleased at him distinctly so he looked forward to no longer see the expression on her face.

The three of us went to the store on one of the fewer lower levels to get some food and supplies since we didn't have any food left after cooking it all last night to celebrate Weiss and Yang joining us. To decide who would get the food Jaune suggested playing the shortest straw game, but only three of them were short. And guess who got those ones were. Yeah us.

"So... your brother really sounds like a dick." I said trying to break this awkward moment as we walked back to the house on what I believed to be the third lowest level. "Yeah, I can imagine him being like my father one day, but can hide his true feelings better than father could." Weiss said. "Doesn't sound like your family is all one for loving each other, huh?" Jaune asked. "In my family water usually is thicker than blood. And the only thing that really matters is what makes the most money, who is seen as the figure head to listen to, or what makes us look better over everyone else." Weiss said.

"Sounds rough." I said. "You have no idea. I am just glad to be as far from my Father and Whitley as I can." Weiss said. "Yeah, bet you didn't plan to get involved in all this though." Jaune said. I turned my head to look at Weiss and gave her a smile. "Yes, while it is true seeing you all here was unexpected, but I am glad to be involved to stop this Salem person from trying to take over the world." Weiss said.

Weiss then noticed me looking at her as she looked away as I spotted a faint blush on her face. I guess she is still taken back by what she saw Ruby and I do last night. Luckily she didn't tell Yang. If she did there would be one less person in our band of heroes.

She has been acting weird and awkward near Ruby and I lately, but it is nothing serious. "Well nine heads are better than seven." I said, shrugging my shoulders while rubbing the back of my head with my free hand. Hopefully this is as weird as it will get and she won't ask any embarrassing questions.

"So when I walked in on you two, was that the first time you and Ruby-" Weiss was asking until something saved me and drew our attention away. We continued walking down the path in front of us until we stopped when we heard a noise. We looked around to see where it was coming from. We then heard it getting louder as we then turned to an alleyway with someone being shoved against a wall with us unable to see him since there was a dumpster blocking our view from the guy.

We then see two guys come out with both of them wearing card themed clothes and masks. "You shouldn't have done that, water boy." One of the guys in masks said as he pulled out a curved knife. "Who are those guys?" Weiss asked. "I think those two are from the crime group Lionheart told us about. What were they called?" Jaune asked himself. "The Full House." I said, reminding the blond boy.

The guy then walked forward and we began to hear the guy who was thrown speak. "Please I didn't do anything!" The guy said, sounding scared. Why does that voice sound familiar? "Come on we got to help him!" Jaune said bring me out of my thoughts. "Obviously." Weiss said as she dropped the bags on the ground and pulled out Myrtenaster. Oh well when in R(om)emnant.

After we all dropped the bags on the ground Jaune took out Crocea Mars as I pressed the core for the nanobots on my chest making them spread around me except my head while the three of us ran over to help. "Well you certainly won't be doing anything ever again-agh!" The attacker said until I punched him with a bigger fist courtesy of the nanobots I used to make a giant fist that slammed him into a nearby wall.