Chapter 14: Rest and Resolution

(Alex POV)

Hahaha, it is actually kind of funny when you think about it. After Weiss and Yang came to the house and we had that time to hug all of us except Qrow and Oscar decided to have dinner and talk about what has happened to all of us since last we saw each other. Right now Jaune and I were talking about losing the map in Oniyuri with all of us chuckling.

"How do you lose your map at a time like that?" Yang asked, laughing at Jaune. "Believe me, I've asked myself the same thing ever since." Jaune said. "Maybe because you didn't even try to get it." I suggested. "Yeah probably." Jaune said. Yang, Weiss, Ruby and I laugh, while Jaune smiles and giggles sheepishly.

"Hey, but you made up for it, Mister Muscles! You shoulda seen this guy take a giant Grimm head on!" Nora said. "I couldn't have done it without Ruby wearing it down and Alex distracting it." Jaune said. "Uh, us? Did you see Ren during that fight? He was out of control!" Ruby said. "I'm sorry, I may have lost my temper momentarily." Ren said. "No, no! Out of control as in "awesome"!" Ruby said. "Oooohhh. Thank you." Ren said smiling. Everyone at the table bursts into laughter.

As dinner continues, Weiss tells her story about how she accidentally summoned a Boarbatusk during the Schnee charity ball. I was giggling hearing this story with my hands over my mouth trying to not be so loud as Ruby gasps. "You did not!" Ruby said. I look at Weiss as her face is in her hands embarrassed.

"Yeah, right in the middle of the party." Weiss said. "Please tell me you let that lady have it." Yang said. "Of course not! Even if I did really want to." Weiss said. "I would have done it." I said. "No surprise there." Weiss said. "You know me so well." I said, giving an innocent smile as she looked at me with a light smile.

"No way, I don't believe it." Nora said with her arms crossed and her eyes closed. Weiss summons her Boarbatusk right next to Nora. The Grimm summon growls, causing Nora to yelp and fall to her side. The rest of us then all start laughing at this.

As dinner nearly finishes, Yang shows off her robotic prosthetic arm to the rest of the group. All of them react except me because I just nodded my head in approval. "Did you actually make that Alex?" Ruby asked. "I only did a bit, like design the schematics and worked mainly on inventing the fist functions." I said. "Yeah thanks by the way Alex. It's not a replacement for the real thing, but I'll make sure to make good use of it." Yang said. Hopefully not just just for stuff in bed.

"That's amazing." Jaune said. "Incredible." Ren said. Ruby gets all starry-eyed and quickly zooms over to her sister's side to admire her arm. "And it's just as strong?" Ruby asked, holding up Yang's robotic arm. I then stood up and walked over to the half sisters. "Hm, sure is." Yang said. "Yeah this thing is as strong as the real deal." I said.

Suddenly, we hear a bang on the table so all three of us look over to what made the sound. Nora has her arm out ready to arm wrestle. "Wanna bet?" Nora asked, as I smiled hearing this. "Yeah, Yang show her what that thing can do." I said as I patted her back encouraging her just to show how impressive the arm really is.

"Nora, please, now's not the time..." Weiss said in order to stop this. Despite her protest, Yang and Nora arm wrestle. Jaune and Ren cheer on Nora while Ruby and I cheer for Yang while Weiss looks on disdainfully. So she still doesn't like to have fun... guess some things never change.

"Don't let her beat you! You can do it! Come on!" Jaune said. "You can do this! Show 'em what Team JNPR's made of!" Ren said. "Come on Yang! Show them my brilliance!" I yelled. "C'mon, sis! Aw, you can't lose to a girl in a skirt!" Ruby said. "You wear a skirt, Ruby." Weiss said.