Chapter 8: Kuroyuri

(Alex POV)

Well shit. I was looking at a stopwatch feature I built into the suit showing me we had nine and a half more hours until Qrow died from the poison in his system. I turned off the feature on my suit then made the nanobots move back to the core of the suit.

I squinted my eyes as I looked ahead to see what looked like part of a town covered by the trees. "Well guys, I think we made it." I said, smiling to the others. "Great." Ruby said, looking more happier than earlier. Maybe this is the first good thing that can go our way. Oum knows it has been awhile.

We then walked past the trees to see the inside of the town and to say it looked like crap was a massive understatement. The town looked old, broken, and an absolutely dreadful place to live in. "Oh man." Jaune said. "Ren wasn't kidding when he said this town was destroyed." I said. "We can't focus on that now, come on." Ruby said, watching forward making Jaune and I follow behind her.

We walked further into the city seeing more of the demolished city trying to find any signs where we could get Penicillin for Qrow. "Any of these places look like a pharmacy?" Ruby asked. It's... honestly hard to tell." Jaune said. He isn't wrong since so far the only thing that wasn't a building with a ton of cracks in rubble or a damaged lamp post was an abandoned bicycle.

"Ren really didn't want to come here, did he?" Ruby said. "Uh... didn't seem so." Jaune said. "Do you know... why?" Ruby asked, making Jaune sigh. "I think I have a pretty good idea..." Jaune said. "And that being?" I asked. I looked back at Jaune to see him frown and look at the ground. "It's not my place to tell." Jaune said.

I then heard Qrow grunting, making all three of us look at him as he opened his eyes. "Are you all an hallucination.. or am I actually getting carried by the blonde and pipsqueak?" Qrow asked. "The latter one." I commented. "Thanks Squirt." Qrow said before he started violently coughing. Once he was put on the ground Ruby put her left hand on his chest. "Don't worry uncle Qrow, you will be fine. I'll make sure of it." Ruby said, giving a false looking smile.

Qrow smiled and lifted his right hand to put it on Ruby's left hand then gave a smile. "I know you will." Qrow said. "We should start looking, we should split up, easier to find what we need." Jaune said. Ruby nodded her head and stood up. The three of us were about to run to go look for any penicillin when I felt a hand placed on my right ankle.

I looked down to see Qrow holding my ankle then looked up to see Jaune and Ruby running off in different directions. "Hey squirt, I need to talk with you right now." Qrow said. I turned around and got on my knees to face Qrow. "What is it?" I asked. "How long do I have?" Qrow asked, frowning a bit. "Umm, less than nine and a half hours." I answered honestly.

Qrow then began to chuckle until he hissed and held his side with both hands. "I'm practically dead already." Qrow said. "Don't say that. Like Ruby said, you are going to be fine." I said. "Oh and how do you know that? You got a semblance that allows you to see into the future?" Qrow asked. "Mmm, don't know, hang on let me try." I said. I put my fingers against my forehead then said 'zwep' multiple times with my eyes closed, but I could still hear him laugh.

I then opened my eyes and put my hands down. "I saw that 'after' you get cured and we go to the next town you are going to go to a bar and get seriously drunk." I said, making Qrow then chuckled again. "If I do get cured then your vision shall come true." Qrow said. "No, it is when you get cured. There is a difference. We still got a lot of time." I said. "Yeah with my semblance stuff that usually takes a few minutes can take an hour to do." Qrow said.