Chapter 12: Lightning the Fire

(3rd POV)

Jaune Arc, Nora Valkyrie and Lie Ren were watching the fight between the rest of their friends. "Do you think this was a bit rigged? You know considering?" Ren asked. "Well it could be what it is, I'm just happy we aren't involved." Nora said. "Yeah I consider it a good thing she is on our side most of the time." Jaune said.

A blood curdling scream was heard as they all stepped to the side as Ruby Rose was thrown and hit the wall groaning as she hits the ground. "Ohhhhh..." Ruby groaned. "Sorry Ruby! Just wanted to remind you I love you so much so please don't leave me! I love you!" Alex said. Ruby then stands up and walks to the fragments of Team JNPR to watch as Alex continues her fight with Oscar Pine. Fight being a generous term.

Oscar tried to sweep Alex's legs, but Alex jumped in there and kicked his chest making him stumble back. Once he has a good footing he pivots his back foot on its ball and pushes his body forward to try and punch Alex, but she catches it in the palm of her hand as she closes it around the hand while Oscar looks scared. "Well you definitely know how to throw a punch, good job improving." Alex said.

Ozpin tries to use his other hand to punch Alex, but she catches that one to make her smirk as he frowns in fear. "Um, would you stop if I said I surrendered?" Oscar asked. "Oh that is cute... no." Alex said, smiling. Alex then raised her left leg and kicked Oscar's shin making him get on his other knee in pain. He then backed her right hand back and uppercut him, making the farm boy fall on his back and groan in pain "Did you have to be so brutal?" Oscar asked.

Alex then held her hand out to Oscar who then took it to help him off the ground. "I call it tough love." Alex said. "Still it would have been nice if you went a bit easy on us. I mean you know I don't usually fight hand to hand and Oscar is technically new to this." Ruby said, walking over to the new one and her girlfriend. "Will Ozpin needed a rest and he asked me to help you guys with training so I did what he would do." Alex said. "Something tells me he would have at least gone down a level." Oscar said as he rubbed underneath his chin.

"Well you guys are having a hard time learning the tricks, and when you don't learn it gets painful." Alex said. "Well that's not fair! Your semblance lets you copy the way someone fights just by watching them do it once!" Ruby said. "Yeah, so be more like me." Alex said as she pointed at herself as Oscar and Ruby gave Alex the 'really' type of look.

"Okay how about this you two will fight each other. And whoever loses I will try my best to whip into shape more than the other." Alex said in a slightly threatening manner. 'Now they are definitely going to try harder.' Alex thought in her head. She then walked over to Nora and Jaune as Ren went to go menatate.

(Alex POV)

I chuckled as I stood next to the others as we watched Ruby and Oscar fighting each other in a similar league. "Man, Oz wasn't kidding. Oscar's picking up on this stuff fast. Good to see he is now actually fighting with someone he can keep up with." Jaune said. "Hey Ozpin didn't promise to go easy and neither did I." I said. Oscar then hits Ruby straight in her face. I kinda want him to lose now.

Ruby recoils from the blow and looks visibly angry at the farm boy. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" Oscar said worriedly. Ruby hits Oscar back and he lands a few feet away on the ground as Jaune and Nora wince. "Ha! Yes! I did it! Alex, did you watch?!" Ruby asked. "Yeah I did Ruby, nice job." I said, giving a few claps.

Ruby's brief moment of cheering is replaced with concern as she looks back at Oscar who is still on the ground. "Oscar?" Ruby asked. "Why didn't you tell me?" Oscar asked out loud. Something tells me the professor is here teaching him a lesson. Oscar groans and gets to his feet as he stiffens briefly while his eyes glow in a yellow light showing Ozpin was in control. "Not bad, Miss Rose. But Oscar doesn't have the years of training that you do. Or I do." Ozpin said.