Chapter 12

I'M BACK BABYYYYY!!! Ehem. Y'all notice my lack of updates? Well, homework has keeping me busy these weeks. And, I've been a little bit busy on other apps other than Wattpad, my  daily schedule is messed up;w;

If you copy or something to this link, I would be so happy! And please leave at least a review and add them to your library if you're interested (つ>3<)つ

https://m.webnovel.com/book/successor-of-the-sacred-magic_17623139405871205

(I don't know if its working or not XD)

Inside the link is the story I've been working on since early August. And I really want your thoughts about the story!

Welp let's go!

---

Ashley Pov

"May you Rest In Peace." I muttered, stabbing the Reunion soldier in front of me, I grip tighter on the hilt as they burn to ashes, "W-What is that?!" The other Reunion soldier said backing away from me terrified, I smirk at them and explain a bit about this sword, "I called it, Pyrocutter. Would you like to taste it?" I said smirking with an intent to kill, the soldier back away scared, they can escape, but sadly, they pick the wrong way.

I approach them calmly, dragging Pyrocutter with my left hand, "Don't run away, I promise a painless death for you." I said before stabbing him right in the heart, fire spread from the stab wound, slowly burning the body to crisp.

I released a sigh in satisfy, and return Pyrocutter to the scabbard on my left hip. "Time to see the other~" I hum happily and walks out the alleyway. 

3rd Pov

"Damn it! Dead end! Did I run too far ahead?!" Franka said frustrated her voice was heard through the device, "seems like Franka got into some trouble." Liskarm said through the communication device. "...We were cornered." She said lifting her shield up. "We have to fight." Liskarm said once again.

Franka sigh at her statement, "it's not that easy, whatever level we chose to display, we can't do it, we cant make L.G.D. feel threatened." She stated, Liskarm clicks her tongue in disagreeing, "But we cannot just sit around doing nothing when we were about to get trampled!"

"Defenders, hold your grounds!" Liskarm ordered, "Yes ma'am!" The Defenders replies obeying her. 

"Leader of Rhodes Island, eh?..." Skullshatterer muttered, "You're an Infected, but you still assist Lungmen on slaughtering The Infected!'' He shouts angrily, "Your hands are full with blood of my comrades!!!" He continues to shouts, "Stand and Faces me!!!" He shouts with pure hatred towards Rhodes Island.

Amiya steps forward, she takes a deep breath, and releases it. "Reunion...you were the one who started hatred, pain, and violence...You were the one who started all of this in Chernobog!!!" Amiya snaps trying to tell Skullshatterer and his army reality.

"Why you little!!" Skullshatterer shout gripping on his weapons. "Attack them! Don't let one of them escape!" He shouts, his soldiers rush at Rhodes Island, as the Defender lines raise their shields once again.

Amiya shoots her Art at Reunion, and look at Nicolas. "Where is Ashley?" She asks getting concerned about her, "Let me contact her." Nicolas said pulling out his communication device, "Ashley, How's your conditions? We need your help!" He said on the device, "Got it! When I say so, please cover your eyes and ears!" Ashley replies through the communication device, as the sounds of her running were heard.

Ashley jumps up onto the rooftop, since it will be easier when finding them. But then she trips on her foot, "W-Whoa!" She yelps and quickly maintains her balance, and she successfully did it, she jumps to another rooftop and continues to do so till she heard an explosion, "there they are!" She said to herself, and touch the earbud on her ear.

"Doktah! Please cover both your ears and eyes!" Ashley's voice is heard from Nicolas's device, "You hear her? cover your eyes and ears!" Nicolas recap what Ashley said. Amiya stops attacking, shutting her eyes close and cover her ears, as the others do the same.

Ashley throws flashbang, and her own custom made harmless bomb at Skullshatterer, and jumps down and pulls Pyrocutter a bit from its scabbard, enough to releases a fire sparks. The fire sparks then trigger the bomb, making an explosion, Ashley then lands in front of Skullshatterer who is deafening because of the flashbang.

"Yo! Sorry for the wait!" Ashley grins looking back at her teammates. "Ashley!" Amiya said by surprise. "Grrr...What was that?..." Skullshatterer asks covering his ears. "What else? Flashbang and my own bomb." Ashley replies.

Skullshatterer collapses to his knees, "Skullshatterer! Are you okay?!" A Reunion member asks running to his side. "Tch...What a troublesome bunch!" Skullshatterer grunts. until his eyes land on Ashley's face, 'why did I suddenly remember that Beast?...' he thoughts remembering the emotionless slaughterer face back in Ursus. He grits his teeth frustrated.

"Skullshatterer! W just said she's all finished on her end. She successfully retrieved the target." The Reunion member beside him said. "W...she won?" Skullshatterer asks disbelief, and relief filled his voice. "That's right! Her assault went very smoothly!" The Reunion member replies. "Should we also retreat?" They ask.

"...Send a signal to Talulah." Skullshatterer replies standing up, "Roger!" The Reunion member said. The sounds of an arrow being launch by Rhodes Island were heard, along with the blocking sounds Reunion. "We're pulling back." Skullshatterer ordered. "Hmph, Rhodes Island cowards..." He muttered, "What did you say?!" Ashley snaps pulling both of her swords, her Pyrocutter burst with flames, while her Thunderbolt lightning sparks. Thunderbolt is the name of the sword that is behind her back, Thunderbolt abilities are struck and stunts the enemies that contact with the sword.

"Especially this one...Next time we meet. It will be your execution." Skullshatterer said before retreating with his team.

"Oi, oi! I'm not done with you!" Ashley shouts while Amiya is trying to stop her from. doing so. "Is Reunion retreating?" Nicolas asks, "They're retreating very rapidly. Something must have changed with their plans." Franka replies. "Despite all these talks, they sure know how to run away." She said making fun of Reunion. 

Ashley finally calms down and returns both of her swords to their scabbards. Crossing her arms in annoyance. Amiya sigh and join the conversation. "Something...doesn't feel right." She said getting concerns, "Are you saying..." Liskarm trailed off, "We weren't their objective in the first place..." Nicolas continues. Amiya's eyes widened in surprise, sudden realization hits her.

"That they were only here to stall us?..." She asks trying to figure out. "If that the case..." she holds her chin, "Oh no the L.G.D. is in trouble!" Amiya said finally got the current situation. 

"We have to help Madam Ch'en!" 

---

Aight, Imma rewrite a few chapters later, if I got a lot of free times of course! And as you may see...I've changed my writing style.