Selected Dinner

Keefe hurried down the hallway following Krikor. They approached two large doors--both opened. 

"This is where I leave you. Good luck."

"Thank you." Keefe nodded, and then he walked inside the dining hall.

It was a huge room, with detailed dark wood paneling. In stark contrast, a white fireplace was located in the center of the wall. In the middle of the hall, a massive great table with sturdy seats and gold candelabras stood above a gigantic red and gray rug. A single stained glass window lit up the entire room. 

Several men were clustered around in groups. One particularly large and scary looking guy caught Keefe's eye, Botros Mercadir, a caste two from the Ravagog Province. Not the type of guy you wanted to mess with. He continued to look around before he saw the strawberry blonde boy from earlier, Dex.

"Hey, Keefe!" Dex beckoned him over to where he was talking with another selected.

"This is Lur Mitya, he's really into gardening. He was just telling me about this new rose hybrid he's been growing! Lur this is Keefe, I met him just before the whole alterations and restyling thing."

"Nice to meet you." Lur solemnly spoke.

"You as well. How'd you get in to gardening?" Keefe asked. 

"My family has had generations of the best botanists in the country, it's kind of genetic. We call it the green thumb."

"Cool."

"Tell him about your rose hybrid!" Dex cut in.

"I've been working on a variation of a rose that contains seven vibrant colors. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet, and pink. Hopefully It'll be a very unique and lovely flower, but for now I'm just experimenting."

"That's great, does it have a name?" Keefe replied.

"Not yet, I'll let you know when I finish it and come up with one."

Keefe gave him a thumbs up.

"Hey man." Keefe turned to the voice and hand slapped on his shoulder.

He grinned, "Hey Conner, how's it going?"

"Good, good. Those rooms were something."

"That they were. You're looking good."

And he was. Conner wore navy blue dress pants, a white button up shirt, and a green tie that matched his eyes. A far cry from the sweatpants and t-shirt he was wearing in the plane.

"You as well."

"Well I'm not as scruffy anymore, that for sure." Keefe grinned.

"What are you talking about, you're a fine piece of man. The princess wouldn't have been able to take her eyes of you either way. "Oh, he's just so handsome."  Dex laughed with a teasing smirk.

The other three also chuckled at his imitation of a lady's voice. They continued to chat until a bell was rung, signaling the start of dinner.

"Well, here goes nothing. Let's pray we don't get eaten alive by the bigger fish in the sea." Lur muttered.

The four of them walked towards the table, each looking for their name tag. Keefe found his next to a seated man who had dark bangs with silvery tips. The man glared as Keefe pulled out his chair.

"Couldn't find a brush?" he sneered. Keefe looked at his tag. Tam. Hmm, weird. Keefe looked back up and snorted.

"You're one to talk, silver bangs. Get your heart broken or something? Very bold. Wouldn't say it's a great choice either."