Chapter 21

"He wanted to set you up with Zane?"

The two girls were sitting in the Ravenclaw dormitory, talking about their summers.

"Yes, can you actually believe that?"

"I mean, I can," Sage nodded. "He's the son of his best friend, right? Plus he's a Slytherin, which must be appealing to him. And he's single, which is convenient."

"Okay, okay, I get it," Mia rolled her eyes. "I have nothing against Zane as a person, but he's Mason's best friend! I could never date him, just like I wouldn't want Mason to go out with you."

"Trust me, I wouldn't want Mason to go out with me either. Arvin, on the other hand? Ooh, now he's someone I couldn't and wouldn't say no to! He's tall, handsome, smart, hard-working and kind? It's such a pity that he's already taken. Where can you even find a man like that?"

"Uh, perhaps in Hufflepuff?" She suggested.

"Right. Maybe I could camp outside their Common Room. Why can't it be closer to ours? It would be so much better than being close to Gryffindor, but no, they have to be in the basement."

"I think if you asked nicely enough they would even let you in."

"Probably," Sage shrugged. "Should I just walk around in the castle with a sign that says 'I want a Puff to cuff me', or something?"

Mia burst out laughing at her friend, who also broke out in a grin.

"Sure. And if you want to shag a Slytherin, just ask them if they want to slither in," she joined.

"How about 'I want your Raven-claws in my back'?"

"My Gryffin-door is open for you."

"Okay, how come neither of us is in a relationship?" Sage tilted her head. "We're hilarious."

"Or lame. But we are in a relationship."

"The library doesn't count, Mia."

"Says who?"

"Any normal person, probably."

"Well, I disagree," she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Do whatever you want, but as for me, I'm going to get a boyfriend by the end of the school year, mark my words."

"Shouldn't you focus on your N.E.W.T.s?"

"Don't worry, my friend. I'm good at multitasking," Sage leaned back confidently.

"Very well, then. Just don't let it affect your grades."

"I'm not an airhead, Mia," she rolled her eyes. "Grades before dates, I know."

"Good," she nodded. "Should we go for a walk?"

"Yeah, why not?"

The two of them stood up and walked out of their dorm, then left the Ravenclaw Common Room. A bunch of first years were standing outside, complaining about the eagle knocker.

"Why can't none of us figure it out?!"

"I should have asked the Sorting Hat to put me in Gryffindor instead, this is ridiculous!"

"Someone just figure it out already!"

"Once we get in I'm never leaving our dorm ever again!"

"Oh, the memories," Mia stared into the distance dreamily, making Sage laugh.

"Yeah, can't relate."

"Okay, Ms Riddle-solver," she rolled her eyes. "At least I experienced what it's like to sleep outside."