Star Wars: Downfall Part 3

FLASHBACK; Anakin POV:

I turned back around after walking out, I was curious. I hurried back in his office and he was just about to sit down, "How?"

He looked up at me, "I beg your pardon?"

"How do you know? About the legend? About how to help me?" I asked confused.

"Well," his eyes flickered yellow and red, "my mentor taught me the ways of the force. That of both the light, and the dark."

END OF FLASHBACK; 3rd Person POV:

Anakin sat up and looked over at Ahsoka. He tentatively reached out his cybernetic arm to touch her back with his finger tips, but stopped and pulled away. He sensed her anger and sadness and started to cry. Swinging his legs off of the bed, he pulled the sheets off of him and grabbed his robe.

Anakin went over to the window in their chambers and stared out it, his hands behind his back. He closed his eyes and cleared his mind. He focused on nothing but his breathing. In and out... In and out. It was quiet, the way he liked it.

Ahsoka had gotten out of the bed and walked over behind him. She hugged him from behind, resting her head on his back. He removed his hands from behind his back and placed them on hers at his waist.

"Ani," she adjust her arms to hold him tighter, "I'm sorry. Its just... I want to help you. When you say I can't, it makes me feel like you don't trust me."

Anakin turned his head to the side of his back her's rested on, "I do trust you Snips. I just want you to be safe. If you were to get hurt, I could never forgive myself. There are things about how to save you, you might not understand. And I don't want you to."

Ahsoka felt offended, "What do you mean 'I wouldn't understand' and 'you'd don't want me to'?"

Anakin spun to face her, one hand on her lower back, the other on her middle Lek, lightly rubbing it, "If you knew... You wouldn't see me as me. This is beyond anything I have ever wanted to do. By that I mean, the lengths of what I have do. You dont- you don't KNOW. Its difficult." He looked her in the eyes for a moment before kissing her lightly on the lips.

She kissed him back but his kiss was empty. There was a void to be fill that, at the moment was only stuffed with dark nothingness. She didn't like the feeling or the thought of it,"Anakin please tell me what's wrong. I'll understand what you have to do, just tell me."

Anakin sighed and let go if her, looking back out the window, "I have to..." He paused but didn't continue.

"Anakin, don't do this, don't shut me out." She walked over to him and grabbed his arm, "Let me help you."

He looked to her, "I have to learn the ways of the dark side..."

FLASHBACK Anakin POV:

His words confused me, "You know the dark side of the force?"

He smiled, "If one is to truly understand the way things work, they need greater knowledge than that of the dogmatic views of the Jedi Anakin."

"What do you mean?" I still had no clue what he was talking about.

He began walking towards me so I stepped back. We then began to circle each other like animals about to fight over a patch of land, "I have the power to save the ones you love Anakin. Become my apprentice, and only through me, will you achieve a power greater than any Jedi."

I ignited my lightsaber, "Its you. You're the Dark Lord we've been looking for!"

He finally stopped with his back to me. I was in shock. I couldn't believe the the Republic's very own Chancellor was the Dark Lord of the Sith. How could we have been so blind? "Are you going to kill me?" He asked.