Star Wars: Downfall Part 6

Ahsoka POV:

I sensed Obi-Wan approaching us so I tried to stall as much as possible. Obi-Wan would know what to do, they don't call him the negotiator for nothing. I just don't understand why Anakin wouldn't listen to me. Did he not love me? Was he just being stubborn? I get that he wants to save me, but maybe this is what he saw in his visions. Maybe he saw me dying because he wouldn't listen to me?

I stepped closer to him, and then closer until I was face to face with him, "Anakin," I grabbed his hand, "Just come with me."

Obi-Wan POV:

Master Windu said he and the other Masters were on their way to arrest the Chancellor, that's where I'll look first. I sprinted as fast as I could all the way to Palpatine's office, feeling Anakin's and Ahsoka's presence more and more as I neared it. I saw the bodies of my fallen Masters as I entered the room, my heart sank as I saw their blank and lifeless expressions.

I slowly walked in further and what I saw was unbearable.

3rd Person POV:

Obi-Wan's heart broke at what he saw. In front of him Anakin and Ahsoka were in an embrace, Palpatine standing behind Anakin, his lightsaber through them both. "NO!!!!!!!!!" Obi-Wan shouted at the top of his lungs. Palpatine pulled his lightsaber out of the two of them, pushing Anakin down, causing him to knock Ahsoka over as well.

"He had such a potential. But he was blinded by love. And now you Master Kenobi... Look at you. You're all alone. You have no one. First your Master, then your love, now your apprentice and fellow Masters. Do you really think you can stand against me?" Palpatine was smiling, the way he always does, like a monster.

Obi-Wan began holding back his tears of sadness and anger through clenched teeth. He grabbed his lightsaber, trembling with emotion, "I will do what I must."

Palpatine cocked his head, "You will try Master Kenobi, you will try." He then lunged at Obi-Wan, to which Obi-Wan replied with a quick block. The two exchanged attacks back and forth, fast and wildly. Obi-Wan managed to graze Palpatine's arm, but Palpatine just kept up his attack. Neither man was willing to back down, nor defend, just attack at the same time.

Obi-Wan held Palpatine at a stalemate and summoned up the strength to force push him, but the Palpatine sent it back at him, throwing Obi-Wan into the wall near Anakin and Ahsoka. He struggled to his feet, beaten and bruised, "You won't get away with this Palpatine." He ignited his lightsaber and forced Anakin's to him, igniting it as well.

"You underestimate the power of the Dark Side!" Palpatine screeched as he attacked Obi-Wan.

"Just as you misplace your faith in it!" Obi-Wan replied. Obi-Wan began his attack quickly and fiercely, his anger was growing inside of him, and Palpatine sensed it.

"Yes," he locked Obi-Wan in a stalemate, "use your anger to defeat me Obi-Wan. Let your hatred fuel you to victory."

Obi-Wan kicked Palpatine in the shin, "No," as Palpatine bent over Obi-Wan kicked him in the chin, "you're not going to convince me to do anything!"

He was on the ground now, lightsaber astray, and Obi-Wan was pointing his at him, "This is over Dark Lord. You have failed. I am placing you under arrest!" but before he could act, Palpatine summoned his lightsaber and cut off Obi-Wan's legs.

"No Master Kenobi," he stabbed him through his heart, "You have failed." Palpatine then kicked him off of his lightsaber and watched his lifeless body fall to the ground.