Star Wars: Downfall Part 5

3rd Person POV:

Ahsoka was at the ready, willing to fight Palpatine, but not Anakin. She couldn't do it, she loved him too much. Out of the corner of her eye she noticed Palpatine reaching for his lightsaber, she thrust her lightsaber at him only for it to be blocked by Anakin.

"Ahsoka, he can help us." He said quietly and with a straight face, showing no emotion. Ahsoka couldn't believe her eyes, why was Anakin protecting him?

Palpatine began to laugh sadistically as Anakin lifted his lightsaber to attack. Ahsoka huffed as more tears ran down her face. She deactivated her lightsabers and dropped them, "I won't do it..." She began sobbing and hyperventilating, "Kill me. I don't want to be apart of this. You're breaking my heart Anakin."

She ripped off her Padawan beads, throwing them to the ground. "Snips no." Anakin replied deactivating his as well.

"I'M DYING ANYWAY! DO IT!" She screamed at him. She pulled his hand, holding the lightsaber, towards her throat, igniting it.

"Do it Anakin." Palpatine barked.

"What?" He questioned Palpatine.

"She is only slowing your progress of becoming the most powerful Jedi ever!" He replied with his raspy echoing voice.

"That was not what we talked about!" Anakin turned to him, pointing his lightsaber at Palpatine as he did before.

"I can feel your anger," Palpatine closed his eyes and inhaled heavily, "it makes you stronger, gives you focus."

"No! I just need you, to help me save her! You're going to teach me how to save her and that's it!" Anakin got closer to Palpatine, raising his lightsaber as Mace Windu had. Ahsoka opened her eyes, forcing her lightsabers to her hands, igniting them once more.

Earlier; Obi-Wan POV:

Grievous was dead, Utapau was won, and we ensure the people protection for one rotation, considering as how they wanted nothing to do with us. I thought they should've been thankful that we eliminated the threat to them, after all they were hostages.

I retrieved my lightsaber from Commander Cody after I killed Grievous and headed back to the spot where he lay to contact the Council that my mission was complete. Boga raced to the upper levels and I was at the starfighter in no time. I'm just glad I remembered it was here, the place where I killed Grievous, having sent R4 in my own Jedi Starfighter away, tricking the enemy into thinking I had come for fuel and left.

I hopped into the cockpit and turned everything on. I tried to get through to Coruscant for several moments before I decided to go into space and try again. To my amazement, it worked, "Hello? This is Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi. Can anyone hear me?"

"M- obi..." Was all I heard as the signal was weak.

"Repeat." I replied.

Just then, Mace Windu appeared as a hologram, many other Masters walking quickly behind him, "Master Kenobi."

"Master Windu," I nodded, "My mission is complete, General Grievous is dead, Utapau is safe and under our protection for-" Master Windu interrupted me, "Obi-Wan, The Chancellor is the Dark Lord of the Sith, we are on our way to arrest him now. Contact Master Yoda, inform him of what has transpired here on Coruscant."

"Yes Master." I replied, and with that Mace was gone. I couldn't believe it. He was right in front of us the whole time. He, the Dark Lord of the Sith, was in control of the Republic itself. All along, we had been searching for the Dark Lord, only finding apprentices. With Dooku now gone, who could his new apprentice be?

Despite all of my shock, I managed to successfully transmit my message to Yoda, it wasn't a live feed and I had only one shot to get it all out in time, "Master Yoda, Chancellor Palpatine has been discovered as the Dark Lord of the Sith that we have been looking for. Master Windu, along with many others, are on their way to arrest him. I'm going to Coruscant to aid them." I cut the transmission and set my hyperspace coordinates for Coruscant. I just hope I'm not too late.

Anakin POV:

I heard Ahsoka ignite her lightsabers, I turned towards her to ensure she wouldn't hurt Palpatine. I don't see why she wanted to kill him so badly, without him, she can't be saved, we need him. "Snips," I pointed my lightsaber at her, "we need him." I regretted pointing my lightsaber at her because once I did, she gave me a look of ultimate distrust, and fear.

"Anakin, we can take him together! Don't listen to his lies! You said it yourself Anakin, ALL Sith lie! What makes him any different?!" She cautiously stepped closer to me and I immediately got into my form.

"YOUR LIFE!" I yelled at her, "YOUR LIFE IS WHAT MAKES THIS SITUATION DIFFERENT! IT'S WHAT MAKES HIM DIFFERENT!!"

She got into her defense position, "Anakin, I'm begging you, please, don't do this."

I calmed a bit at the tone of her voice, "Its the only way to save you."

"Anakin, did you ever think, that THIS, is what causes me to die? That your vision showed the outcome of you protecting him? You don't need him to save me," She loosened up, "you need us."