The Fake Relationship

The next morning, my dad was unable to take my sisters and I to school, so Katie, Josie and Lyla gets a ride from Jason and Elijah to school. "Coming, Mia?", Katie asked. "Nah, I'm gonna take the bus.", I replied, lying to them. "Ok, see you there.", Katie smiled, as she got in and they all drive off.

Moments later, Grayson arrives in his motorcycle. "Hey, ready to go?", he asked. I smiled and went to him.

We arrived to the school, as he parks his motorcycle in the parking lot

We arrived to the school, as he parks his motorcycle in the parking lot. We stood at the school entrance, ready to head inside. I felt butterflies in my stomach. Grayson comforts me.

"Hey, you got this.", Grayson sighed. "Yeah, you're right.", I replied as I let out a huge sigh. "Come on, let's go.", Grayson replied. I nod and we held each other's hands as we walked inside the school. As we walk through the hallway, everyone was looking at us in shock.

Grayson was smiling as he takes me through the hallway, holding my hand, and I just follow his lead, and look to my left and right as everyone kept staring at me

Grayson was smiling as he takes me through the hallway, holding my hand, and I just follow his lead, and look to my left and right as everyone kept staring at me. Katie and Josie saw me with Grayson and they were yet surprised to see me with Grayson.

Margot and Araminta are with Antonio and TJ, when they all saw Grayson and I walking together, hand in hand. "Is that Mia and Grayson?", TJ asked. "Yeah it is.", Araminta replied. "Are they dating or something?", Antonio asked. "I don't know, guess we have to find out.", Margot replied.

As we get to my locker, Grayson stops and pulls me close to me, which took me by surprise. "Gray, what are you doing?", I asked. "I better get to class, but before I do, I have something for you.", Grayson replied, as he presents me a red rose. Margot and Araminta gasp in surprise.

I took the rose in my hand as Grayson leans close to me and whispers something into my ear

I took the rose in my hand as Grayson leans close to me and whispers something into my ear. "Well done.", he whispered, I look up at him with a smile. "See you at recess ok?", he asked. "Sure.", I sighed as he left and heads to his locker. I stood there as I walk up to my closet.

"Oh my god, Mia! You didn't tell us you are dating Grayson!", Araminta cried. "Well, Gray and I wanted to keep our relationship quiet.", I replied, as I take my books out of my bag and into my locker. "So, when did you guys started dating?", Margot asked.

"We texted during the summer, and have been texting ever since.", I smiled, as I carefully put the rose into my locker. "Grayson didn't tell us anything about dating you.", Araminta cried. "Like I said, we wanted to keep our relationship quiet, it's not a big deal.", I replied.

"It is a big deal, you're dating the popular school jock, who is the captain of the football team.", Margot cried, as we all walk to class.

At recess and lunch, I get to spend time with Grayson, my sisters, my friends and the rest of the football team, and fake dating Grayson is getting easy and yet fun, and no one suspects a thing in our fake relationship.

I was happy to be one of the girlfriends of the football team, but in my mind, a fake one.