Road Trip

One Friday night, I was in my bedroom, writing my story on my laptop. Outside, Grayson climbs on a ladder to my bedroom window. Grayson taps onto the window to get my attention. "Mia!", he whispers. I turn around and saw me by the window.

I quickly go to open it. "Gray, what are you doing?", I asked. "I want to see you.", Grayson sighed. "Not now, get off the ladder, it's too dangerous. Plus, my dad will see you.", I whispered. "Wait, wait. You haven't let me finish.", Grayson replied.

"Pack your bag because we're leaving bright early in the morning.", Grayson replied. "Why?", I asked. "Because we're going on a road trip for this weekend, so pack all the things you'll need for this trip, and get some rest because we're leaving bright and early tomorrow.", Grayson replied. I smiled and shook my head.

"Oh, and one more thing. Hold on.", Grayson whispered, as he climbs down the ladder and climbs back up, this time with a long rectangular box. "Here, for you.", Grayson replied, handing me the box. "What is this?", I asked. Grayson didn't answer, as he climbs back down.

"No, Gray! Where are you going?", I asked. "Just open the box and you'll see. I'll be back at 6am to pick you up. So get ready.", Grayson replied, as he climbs down and he, Elijah and Jason takes the ladder away and droves off, as I watch them leave.

I put the box on my bed and opened it, and inside was another box, a dozen, long stemmed red roses and a card. I take the card out of the box and open it up to read.

Dear Mia,

This weekend, I'm taking you on a road trip and I thought this gift would come in handy for the trip. I hope you like it...along with a dozen roses.

- Grayson

I open the smaller box and I was surprised to see what's inside. It was a pink polaroid camera, something that I've always wanted as a kid.

I smiled to myself and I pulled it out of the box, and place it on my nightstand, along with Grayson's card

I smiled to myself and I pulled it out of the box, and place it on my nightstand, along with Grayson's card. I then put the roses in a vase with water. Later, I start packing my travel bag for the trip, before heading to sleep early.

The next early morning, I woke up at 5am, so I could get ready for the road trip. I take a quick shower, get dressed and packed extra things in my bag, and quietly went downstairs, and writes a letter to my parents that I'm going on a road trip.

Then a car horn honked, which got my attention. I went out of the house and lock the front door as I got out. I looked and saw Grayson standing there, with his Jeep. I smiled and walk to him. "Hey.", he replied. "Hi.", I smiled. "Got everything?", he asked.